F1 2022

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Hollow victory for Max there today, knowing that his actions in Brazil have not only cost Perez, but cost Redbull the 1/2 in the Drivers Championship.

Perez’s “We gotta be happy” words at the end were most definitely scripted/forced as was his “smile”.

Off course Redbull will continue with the current “we made a mistake” rhetoric rather than apportioning blame to Max.

Great send off for Seb!

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I love the boos. Everyone hates Max 😂😂😂

I don't think any of them deserved to be booed, this isn't football.

Yes he could help Perez more, but with a car as good as the red bull this year Perez should have had 2nd wrapped up long ago.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Happy Charles got second, that's fair over the season.

Day to forget for Lewis. And season, lol. Him about his car: "can't wait to see the last of this thing" 😅 But good to see the Mercedes just about able to challenge Ferrari.

Don't think Sainz did anything wrong in that pass.

I don't think there was much legs in the whole "backing up Leclerc" thing. Would just have been a real mess for everyone. And hardly the kind of thing RB need right now. Imagine the cries if they had done that. Perez lost second in Brazil last weekend, thanks to Max. That's all there's to it really.

Bit of a dud race for Vettel too, but I don't think he'll mind too much. Considering the send-off he's been getting, clearly a lot of love and respect for him in the paddock. It's been special to watch. He'll take that with him.

KevM

RMS Regular
I'm quite pleased that Hamilton played a part in Perez finishing behind Charles in the finish-up.

Checo, when the dust settles, is bound to take stock of how everything has panned out around him this year. It'd be hard to come back as loyal to Max & RB next year

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Whipping boy or take a hike, those are his options. Nobody will ever get equal opportunity to Max at RB. I guess the contract is nice enough to make up for being a bit tender sitting down 😇🤫

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Was there booing going on at the podium celebrations? Channel 4 appears to have cut the sound when Max went onto the podium

i watched it live it was like they turned the sound up on the microphones to drown out the boos

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Max, despite being a t**t, didn't actually cost Perez P2. It would have been a 2 point lead if Perez had swapped with Max last week and LeClerc gained 3 points on Perez this race.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Max, despite being a t**t, didn't actually cost Perez P2. It would have been a 2 point lead if Perez had swapped with Max last week and LeClerc gained 3 points on Perez this race.

On the other hand, if he had swapped as requested last week and then also slowed down yesterday to allow Perez through and hold back LeClerc then...

I really thought he would help Perez this week to redeem himself

Dave..

RMS Regular
On the other hand, if he had swapped as requested last week and then also slowed down yesterday to allow Perez through and hold back LeClerc then...

It surprised me that Red Bull didn’t want a 1&2 championship finish. I think it would have been their first one ever.
🤷‍♂️

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I don't think any of them deserved to be booed, this isn't football.

Yes he could help Perez more, but with a car as good as the red bull this year Perez should have had 2nd wrapped up long ago.
Agree on the first part.

On the 2nd part, maybe he should have. But that doesn't mean Max shouldn't have been helping to get it.

Max just seems to be a bit of a ****, but fits the team nicely on that account I guess.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Agree on the first part.

On the 2nd part, maybe he should have. But that doesn't mean Max shouldn't have been helping to get it.

Max just seems to be a bit of a ****, but fits the team nicely on that account I guess.

He definitely could have helped more, but he's not the type and probably never will be.

Still think Red Bull are the only ones with a logical driver line-up, a clear 1-2. Both Merc and Ferrari will have headaches next year having drivers of similar pace, that's assuming they have the cars to fight Red Bull

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Not being a team player in a team sport isn't a good thing all the same!

Ferrari are more likely to have headaches than Merc I think as they seem to manage everything badly.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Motorsport is not really a team sport for the driver. The first person they want to beat is their teammate, and normally chinese walls between crews on each side of the garage

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Motorsport is not really a team sport for the driver. The first person they want to beat is their teammate, and normally chinese walls between crews on each side of the garage
I understand that, but once the driver has got the championship and the constructors they probably should look to help their teammate secure the no.2 slot if they can.

All the actual greats seem to have managed to help their teammates along the way.

ali619

RMS Regular
No real surprises in the race; just hoped Hamilton would have got the win, but that was never going to happen unless Max crashed out.

The race was always going to be a Max win, just shocked how he didnt help Perez and the team atleast secure a 1-2 championship win - think redbull need to rethink how they use him as he is costing them other points due to his attitude.

Just hope next season Ferrari and Mercedes are back on form so its less of a 1 horse season.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36

You could argue dropping back would have been worth a risk given Max had little to gain in terms of meaningful points but you can only hold up cars so much with DRS. LeClerc might have passed him and caused more drama.

Given LeClercs disastrous season, I don't you can put the blame on Max that Perez lost.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Another sail into the sunset or moonlight should I say for Max. Any other team mate would have backed Leclerc into Perez to try and get the 1-2 for the championship, surely RB would have wanted that for the team? Hamiltons DNF was a fitting way to end his season, he should throw that car into the Thames. Happy Charles got 2nd, he's been driving well but Sainz is up with him too so he needs to step it up next year. Hoping next year is closer but RB's advantage is so massive it will be hard to catch, not sure where the others can find 6 or 7 tenths a lap over an entire race. We don't even really know the pace of Max's RB, he's been coasting all season. RB only have a small reduction in wind-tunnel time which is self reported so they will be throwing all the upgrades at the car and since they've been through an intense financial review process they know how to hide it better. They will still easily blow everyone away next year I think, hope not though. Such a nice send-off for Vettel, what a great guy he's been. A lot of love for him from everyone. End of an era and I hope to see him back in the paddock for banter.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
RB as a team solely to blame for Perez not getting second. Giving him essentially a test mule for Max all year, they gave him a car for a few races that suited him but didn't Max so that was quickly corrected. Max could have helped last two races but chose not to, very much wanting to display he is the alpha male in that team, and unfortunately the team are peddaling his ego. The great teamwork radio messages were cringeworthy, Maxs team is very much spelt with "I". Just need to listen to the spoilt child outbursts when something doesn't go right ie Singapore quali.

Anyway a fairly forgettable season for the neutral let's hope for a closer fought season ahead. Merc seem to have made good progress but still have ground to make up. The cost cap submissions for the seasons ahead are going to be very interesting also.