F1 2023

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The final damage estimates caused by each driver are in for the 2023 season.

Screenshot_20231127-200442.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's all damage I take it - self-inflicted crashes, mechanical breakdowns, no-fault accidents, etc.?

Pretty impressive by the ones at the top of the board 😁

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, it counts towards the budget. About 5% for Williams.

And then all the usual rules for parts with controlled allocations, like engines and gear boxes.

The rules don't care why. Every cost is a cost (in theory at least 😇), every part used is a part used.

stevyg

RMS Regular
A dismal finale puts an end to a dismal season. The most boring season of F1, I struggled to stay interested this year. Without a doubt the most boring Motorsport to watch in the world right now. Even the commentators were struggling to find something positive to say when they were wrapping up the season. I did enjoy a Ferrari winning, seeing Lawson do really well, McLaren improving so well & Vegas wasn't too bad actually. Interesting that Singapore was voted the best race of the season by fans and it's the only race RB didn't win. Max probably broke the record for breaking records in a single season good for him. No chance anyone will catch them next year, they could drive this years car and still win I reckon. Might be a few changes in drivers next year I think Stroll & Logan need to go but on to 2024 - hope it's not a copy & paste of '23.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If 2024 is a snore fest like this year I can’t see me watching too much of it, record highlights and fast forward most of it.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Don't think I watched a full race this year from start to finish. I look at the result and then don't even bother watching the highlights half the time.

KevM

RMS Regular
YouTube highlights has been plenty for me this year.

I used the look forward to having a beer on a Sunday while watching the F1. I haven't done that in months now.

Max aside, the racing has been quite good. But Sprints and DRS, both need to go

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I actually think it's been a really good season. Ignoring Max' RB at the front, there have been different drivers and teams at the front in almost every race and at different parts of the season. It's been very close, and pretty good racing too. For F1 at least 😇

Obviously tailed off in the second half with everyone writing off the season and going all in for the 2024 car. Nobody cares who finished second I guess, and most teams would probably take more aero time than prize money. So no incentive for anyone to "put up a fight" with a leader regularly finishing a full pit stop ahead without even trying 😇

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I actually ended up watching pretty much every race, and enjoyed it for what it was.

The F2 and F3 stuff when on was great to watch too.

Crofty is a hard enough to listen to commentator, but I'd still pick watching it live over the RB employees on Channel 4.

Payback for Silverstone that year 🤣
I genuinely sympathise with you if you actually think that rather than just fishing 😂

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Some races were good, but a lot of them were decided by turn 4 of lap 1. As much as the intention that the new rules bring closer racing, they in fact have done the exact opposite, compounded by the fact that teams are then largely hamstrung with their design for the rest of the season with only slight changes allowed in the hope of catching up. I tried to watch as many races as I could but for any that I didn't, I felt I didn't miss much and didn't even bother with the highlights.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
First season since probably the Schumacher/Ferrari days where I’ve not bothered with the majority of races.

Usually watch the highlights on YouTube.

Dominance is never good for F1.

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Pretty early on in the season I just learnt to accept MV was going to win pretty much every race so just ignore that and enjoy what everyone else was doing. Some great battles elsewhere in the field, also some drivers who shouldn't be in f1 cough Stroll. Teams getting closer to RB, just not there yet. Pleasantly surprised at the Vegas race, as much as when watching the race you couldn't really tell it was Vegas haha

ali619

RMS Regular
I enjoyed this current season, albeit, when you ignore Max's dominance. After the first few laps no one was catching him. I enjoyed the battles for 2nd/3rd etc, that's what I focused on

Just hope the next season is better, I hope McLaren can still use the momentum that they have to really make an impact straight away.

KevM

RMS Regular
I think Newey put a bit of tape over half Max's F-Duct once he had the Drivers wrapped up - made it look slightly more convincing... :eyes: