F10 520d Issue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A mate has a 2012 F10 520d. Get got into it this evening and was greeted by this;

ED2D2F99-529A-48A6-BA46-B4860D7CEEB7.jpeg
872AA6A3-259E-4C67-931D-56CF11971A51.jpeg

The car won’t start either.

Anyone know what it may be? Looking like a recovery job.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I had something very similar in my Saab and turned out to be an ECU job.

wes

RMS Regular
Possibly battery, getting crappy fault codes, stability control, hanbrake failure etc, myself and random fail to start, done a batt test and it failed

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers folks. I’ll get him to check it. Would be nice if it turned out to be something simple!

Reactions: wes

colin84

RMS Regular
I would have said battery as well. I don't know a thing about the newer BM's, but they are unusual messages to have together, and not ones that should stop it from starting.

My old e60 had some random battery problem that cured itself, but whenever it wouldn't start it always gave random warnings.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Did you ever find out what was wrong with it?

Ideally it will need the fault codes read as it will throw the traction control error up for numerous things some of which include , bad ECU, wheel speed or abs sensor, oxygen sensors or an abs pump. Seems if something upsets the car in anyway it kills the traction control

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.