F10 Tyre Pressure Sensors

sam_man

RMS Regular
Can anyone recommend a decent brand of tyre pressure sensor please?

I’ve changed wheels and the units on the OEM wheels aren’t worth putting on the new wheels.

Also, will the new pressure sensors need to be coded to the car?

Thanks

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Can anyone recommend a decent brand of tyre pressure sensor please?

I’ve changed wheels and the units on the OEM wheels aren’t worth putting on the new wheels.

Also, will the new pressure sensors need to be coded to the car?

Thanks

The aftermarket ones can be hit and miss with quality. Fail to initialise or end up going dead in a short period of time. I always stuck with the OEM ones on my last car with them fitted just ordered 4 new ones from the dealer last time I needed to change them.

No they don’t need coded to the car.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
Worth ringing Andy in parts at Country Garage as he sometimes has used sets of sensors that weren't needed on cars that had wheel swaps.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Stick to OEM ones. The hassle I've had this last while with aftermarkets aren't worth it.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
As @variant says, this could be your cheapest option, just make sure the washers and grommets are good before fitting to stop any potential leaks. You also wouldn’t have to code to the vehicle, just fit and then initialise tyre reset in the vehicle status menu on iDrive.

Bear in mind if you do go aftermarket, the types a lot of tyre shops offer can be reprogrammed so you can reuse them on another vehicle when and if you sell the wheels.

Never had any issue with the TPMS sensors that we supply and you have the choice of black or silver metal clamp-in style nuts or a normal looking rubber valve. From what I can see there’s no ‘customer friendly’ TPMS brand as they’re marketed to the trade rather than retail.

sam_man

RMS Regular
OP
S
I’ve managed to get a secondhand set of OEM sensors so hopefully that will be it sorted. Thanks for the help guys!