F15 X5 30D

dddrrift

RMS Regular
when its reset correctly its thousands, not hundreds. not sure what you have done there to get it from 150 to 600. have you specified that amount of miles with a diag tool? i think theres a date also from memory?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I didn’t do anything! I just reset it via the trip.

That’s why I was wondering could it be picking up something wrong at the pad connection.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
yeah its a condition based service item, needs new sensor and reset with diag tool. not like the old days lol
google says it could be a duff replacement sensor also... lol just to confuse things lol

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Also fitted a towbar in advance of a few camping trips. Picked up a detachable Witter one off Amazon Marketplace which was listed in “used- average” condition. Didn’t really think they would advertise a used towbar so took a punt. Sure enough it just had the odd minor chip from transport, but had never been fitted.

(I see they actually have another up now described as “as new” for £172 which was even cheaper than the £215 I paid, if anyone else is in the market for 1!)

Mastered the fitting of these now, I think this is the 6th I’ve done. Could do with 6 arms when refitting the bumper and getting it lined up, but it’s easier to plough on and hope for the best rather than having to explain it all to the wife or father in law.

For some reason the M Sport has a cut out on the bumper already, so no trimming necessary. Nice wee pivot on the plug plate too, so it swings up out of the way. All completely hidden when detached.

View attachment 402383
View attachment 402384
View attachment 402385
View attachment 402386
View attachment 402387

Did you use a harness cable or did you tap into the cables going to the rear lights?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I always just use a proper car specific wiring harness. PF Jones website has all the fitting instructions so it’s usually straightforward.
yeah its a condition based service item, needs new sensor and reset with diag tool. not like the old days lol
google says it could be a duff replacement sensor also... lol just to confuse things lol

I’m still on the original sensor. Will try a new 1 and see what it says then.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Thanks, I might attempt it myself this time, save on the labour cost and get that specific wiring harness.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Thanks, I might attempt it myself this time, save on the labour cost and get that specific wiring harness.
Smart relays are a very cost effective alternative to the cat specific loom as some cars need the trailer loom activated or coded to work too, though often function better with automatically disabling rear parking sensors and stuff when the vehicle senses a trailer plugged in.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I'll continue over on this towbar thread,