F15 X5 / 4M Q7

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’ll be advertising my car in the next few weeks so putting the feelers out for a replacement now.

I’m after an F15 X5, either 30D or 40D. Must be 2015 or newer and have no more than 50k.

Only essential options are 3rd row seating, Harmon Kardon/advanced sound system, camera. But would like a decent spec inc digital cockpit, surround view, comfort seats etc.

Not fussy on colours, would prefer not cream carpet just.

Not interested in anything older or with higher miles.

May also consider a Q7 of similar vintage, but must be a 272 and have Tech Pack and rear camera.

Let me know if anyone is aware of anything coming up (y).

davyk31

RMS Regular
Been looking a bit at F15 X5 myself recently and there are loads available. Your mileage limit for a car that could be nearly 8 years old may be a little unrealistic but there are some out there.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye I’d prefer an X5 too. Q7 looks a bit dated from the front IMO.

The problem is that I go through phases of struggling to justify the additional cost on top of my car, when it does everything so well 😰

davyk31

RMS Regular
What age and miles are on the car you are selling? X3 isn’t it? Might not be a lot of difference going to an X5

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
X5 definitely over the Q7.

They are absolutely everywhere though, certainly up round here anyway, which is mad considering just how much they cost.

But when you start looking at other options, you realise why the X5 is so popular, it’s the best in class for sure.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
50d seems to be the 1 to avoid. I think 40’s are largely ok, but 30 would be the safest.

Had seen that, just waiting for photos to determine spec. Probably miles a bit higher than I’d prefer, but then 40d makes it ok price wise.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
X5 definitely over the Q7.

They are absolutely everywhere though, certainly up round here anyway, which is mad considering just how much they cost.

But when you start looking at other options, you realise why the X5 is so popular, it’s the best in class for sure.

Most reviews put the Q7 ahead but you're really splitting hairs to pick between the two. The Q7 would be roomier in the back and the standard fit 3rd row seats are far more spacious than the ones that were optional in the X5. Only issue with the Q7 is you need one with some exterior options ticked or else they look a bit bland.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes the Q7 would have the bigger cabin.

They’re a bit dearer by comparison too though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I always have a notion of a jeep when I own a car. I then get a jeep and think I’d rather have a car. Then repeat.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is it all years of 50d that give trouble because there would always be a strong attraction to go 50d if possible?
And are the 30d 40d and 50d not all the same basic engine just with more turbos slapped on and different mappings?

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Is it all years of 50d that give trouble because there would always be a strong attraction to go 50d if possible?
And are the 30d 40d and 50d not all the same basic engine just with more turbos slapped on and different mappings?

In the F15 model then yes pretty much

e320mark

RMS Regular
The F15 x5 is a great car, wife had one for 3 years, super reliable & really comfortable on long journeys. If you could go for an 18 one Ian, hers was one of the last f15’s before the new model & had a good spec, Harmon Kardon, digital dash, 7 seats etc, still fort of miss that car, however the G01 x3 is great too!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.