F15 X5 / 4M Q7

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Yes to trouble or yes to all the same engine?

Bavarian have a 50d which would come with the 2 year AUC warranty so at least no nasty shocks.
Do they not come with a 12 months AUC warranty just? Any i have purchased from a bmw dealer has only came with 12 months AUC.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Maybe is just 12, I have been looking at a lot of VWs recently and their used warranty is 2 years which is pretty decent.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Think when I bought the M3 it was 12 months AUC warranty but I there was a 2 year warranty on any parts they replaced if I recall correctly.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Maybe is just 12, I have been looking at a lot of VWs recently and their used warranty is 2 years which is pretty decent.

Big draw of the Touareg is the 2 years warranty. They’re still too dear though 😂.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Speak your minds guys 😀. I have a couple of friends with them which have been hassle free

Wouldn’t say an X5 is the best thing to ever grace the roads. I tried an F15 when they were released wanting to trade up from a previous model X5 but found the ride much too floaty and a lot of lean.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Speak your minds guys 😀. I have a couple of friends with them which have been hassle free

Wouldn’t say an X5 is the best thing to ever grace the roads. I tried an F15 when they were released wanting to trade up from a previous model X5 but found the ride much too floaty and a lot of lean.

My wife’s old sport got me barred out of Donnelly’s

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Apparently we need a 7 seater. I will also be towing a cattle trailer in the near future and would prefer a jeep.

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
I know of 3 people with them and all have had catastrophic failures. I also had 1 for 8 weeks when my X5 was in getting repaired and it was only mildly more refined than driving a Massey.

Couple months ago hursts on Boucher had 60+ cars on site needing engines. Mostly sports and evoques.

Yes to trouble or yes to all the same engine?

Bavarian have a 50d which would come with the 2 year AUC warranty so at least no nasty shocks.

Yes they are same basic engine. The 50d didn’t give any more or less trouble from what I have seen but one thing for sure if/when it does have a problem it’s a complete pain to work on. Engine out for quite a few jobs on them.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Apparently we need a 7 seater. I will also be towing a cattle trailer in the near future and would prefer a jeep.

What you need is a D5 V70 with 158k miles, tow bar & 2 rear facing seats in the boot. I'll do you a great deal 😝

I'd be sticking with the Allroad over what you are looking at if I were you!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol, believe it or not I have searched for a 7 seater V70 😂

• Haha
Reactions: RWL

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I had this debate with my wife about "needing" a 7 seater and since that debate/argument about 2 years ago, we have not once needed a 7 seater

Small victory!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
lol, believe it or not I have searched for a 7 seater V70 😂

They are an absolute weapon to be fair. I was driving it over the weekend again and have a serious soft spot for the aul barge. Mrs RWL loves it too and has commandeered it now anytime she is going somewhere with the child - far more practical than her Beetle!

dddrrift

RMS Regular
just bought a 2016 30d x5 over in Wales a few months ago! 37k miles was the sweetener for me, nothing even close over here for the same money. Its a white m sport with black interior. I was being more careful with year as well due to the various road tax bands, something to keep in mind, some of them are £600ish a year.

Seems to be doing the daily duties well so far, 35mpg ish. I fitted a new towbar to it and have just been driving away at it. Apparently a remap will produce 40d results if your that way inclined. I was also warned off the 50d due to the tri turbo arrangement.

Oh and the 360 camera is class... didnt know what i was missing in the old E53 lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did I not read reports that you didn’t like yours? I’ve actually accepted that it’s not going to be the be the nicest thing to drive, just so my expectations aren’t too high! Did you get it from a dealer?

Yes the 360 camera would be nice, my E70 had it. Not a complete deal breaker though. There’s loads of other bits like comfort seats, digital cockpit etc that would be nice too!

Yes a remap would take them up to 40d power, but a 40d would be preferable to avoid having to do that.

This 1 is probably a front runner, great spec and not too bad price wise;

There’s also a nice 40d SE, but it’s an SE 😂😔.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Ruled out a Q7? I was in a 2017 X5 the other day and it's half the car interior wise the equivalent Q7 is.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
No, I don't think it was me, im enjoying mine atm! Although an unexpected steering rack replacement made me question my purchase! That aside its been great since! Def more floaty than the e53 was but still a lovely thing to drive, and i find it much more comfortable than any land rover I have been in!

No, mine was a private sale. First car for me with the 360 cams and I think they are great, novelty at the start but have come in handy for sure! Digital cockpit would be nice, and can be added for approx £700 all in. Iv been pricing that one up!lol

Also, if your fitting a towbar, I went with an aftermarket wiring kit which was extremely easy to connect up. The oem module and harness is a headache in itself. There is also an electronic hidden towbar available which would have been nice, but again 4x the price used, and a pain to connect up.

Again, simply the tax band was what put me off the 40d. That said the 30d has plenty of power for my needs and pulls my car transporter fully laiden no issue.

An SE would be a dealbreaker for me, i think it needs the m-sport additions to keep it fresh looking!
That one is very similar to mine, with different wheels. Not a bad price either!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.