F15 X5 / 4M Q7

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Did I not read reports that you didn’t like yours? I’ve actually accepted that it’s not going to be the be the nicest thing to drive, just so my expectations aren’t too high! Did you get it from a dealer?

Yes the 360 camera would be nice, my E70 had it. Not a complete deal breaker though. There’s loads of other bits like comfort seats, digital cockpit etc that would be nice too!

Yes a remap would take them up to 40d power, but a 40d would be preferable to avoid having to do that.

This 1 is probably a front runner, great spec and not too bad price wise;

There’s also a nice 40d SE, but it’s an SE 😂😔.

White 😬

Not want a 7 seater?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ruled out a Q7? I was in a 2017 X5 the other day and it's half the car interior wise the equivalent Q7 is.

No definitely not ruled out, but the X5 is just better value.
White 😬

Not want a 7 seater?

It is.
No, I don't think it was me, im enjoying mine atm! Although an unexpected steering rack replacement made me question my purchase! That aside its been great since! Def more floaty than the e53 was but still a lovely thing to drive, and i find it much more comfortable than any land rover I have been in!

No, mine was a private sale. First car for me with the 360 cams and I think they are great, novelty at the start but have come in handy for sure! Digital cockpit would be nice, and can be added for approx £700 all in. Iv been pricing that one up!lol

Also, if your fitting a towbar, I went with an aftermarket wiring kit which was extremely easy to connect up. The oem module and harness is a headache in itself. There is also an electronic hidden towbar available which would have been nice, but again 4x the price used, and a pain to connect up.

Again, simply the tax band was what put me off the 40d. That said the 30d has plenty of power for my needs and pulls my car transporter fully laiden no issue.

An SE would be a dealbreaker for me, i think it needs the m-sport additions to keep it fresh looking!
That one is very similar to mine, with different wheels. Not a bad price either!

Does just towbar deactivate the rear sensors etc?

dddrrift

RMS Regular
yes, mine deactivates the rear sensors as i added the 'PDC cancel' box with my kit. although button on the dash turns them off easy enough too

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Starting to stretch my requirements :worried:. Anything about?!

Phoned about a local X5 today and got laughed at when I asked if the kit was on it yet because I didn’t want it. Couldn’t believe someone might want a standard car!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Only made contact today (wanted to wait until a deal was fairly secure on my car). Waiting to hear back but keeping my options open in case it doesn’t work out.

It’s at their “national hub” and not a dealership so it’s proving difficult to get specific questions answered.

Sham1

RMS Regular
Starting to stretch my requirements :worried:. Anything about?!

Phoned about a local X5 today and got laughed at when I asked if the kit was on it yet because I didn’t want it. Couldn’t believe someone might want a standard car!
Glad I’m not the only one. Had seen a 430d advertised a While back. Had no kit in the pictures, called by the dealer a few days later and it had the m performance kit on. I asked is it removable and he said no, “it’s bonded on and may break the bumper taking it off. It also had the replica 20” wheels on at £900 extra, which I also wouldn’t have been interested in
Said, sorry not interested, and he seemed very surprised as well. He had the car for over 2 months, so it obviously put other people off as well.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Bought this during the summer, off a Pakistani from Bradford :joy: Overall fairly happy with it. Didn't have CarPlay so I got an aftermarket box fitted, which is alright but definitely not as good as factory fitted would be (think 2015 you might be alright on that).

One massive oversight was that you cannot get three kids seats across the back. I ended up having to buy a bloody Multimac which to be fair is great but still, the rear bench is a good bit narrower than our Discovery 4 was!

IMG_0111.jpeg

Wife's reg and Multimac.

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Very nice Rob! How do you find it?

Overall very pleased. I'm not actually sure what speakers are in it, but they thump! I put a sub into my Amarok and the X5 is far far better! It's nicely finished and a nice place to be. Electric memory seats/steering wheel is handy for 2 drivers, power tailgate is nice. Handling is a bit soft but you can stiffen it up in Sport Mode if you really want (would you ever be arsed tho). It is heavy and you know it, but sure no different to anything of that size I'm sure.

The 7 seats are grand, but not sure an adult would enjoy a trip in the boot. Fine for children though. And the middle bench seats pop up to allow access to the rear which is good. The middle row back rest also reclines and slides, so you can adjust the legroom for middle and back row passengers.

I got it mapped (twice - first map was rubbish) and it drives a lot better now. Had to get AdBlue turned off as well as it was giving a bit of bother, but no dramas now.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Q7’s seem to be stronger £ than the equivalent X5 sadly.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
What’s that? They can fit 3 rear car seats across the back?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Surely more differences between them than the size of the rear seats?

davyk31

RMS Regular
What’s that? They can fit 3 rear car seats across the back?

Bigger supply of X5 available for sale, bigger discounts when new and lower perceived image all make the difference. And maybe the Audi is a better car, don’t know as I haven’t driven one.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Can only compare our Etron to friends newish X5, but ride quality alone felt much better in the Audi. Possibly air suspension vs shocks and springs in the X5 I don't really know much about the newer ones. Theirs is on a TGZ plate so maybe early 2021 whatever model that is.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Who knows! On paper comparing spec’s, engines etc, I just can’t see why the Q7 commands more. I appreciate there’s more to it than that though.
Can only compare our Etron to friends newish X5, but ride quality alone felt much better in the Audi. Possibly air suspension vs shocks and springs in the X5 I don't really know much about the newer ones. Theirs is on a TGZ plate so maybe early 2021 whatever model that is.

The Q7 has springs as standard. If it was the other way around I could understand.

Perhaps the M Performance kit image is driving prices down!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No air would be a deal breaker for me in all honestly. I'd be looking a Q7 on air for a test drive to compare, then decide if it's worth the extra.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
This is it. I’ve largely been dismissing Q7’s without air, and so few have it.

X5 just has air in the rear, but it’s standard and dead on.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
There was a fresh Q7 in the multistorey the other day and it looked huge in width.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Yes 30d. Took the map to leave it nice to drive.

I have never driven a Q7, but owned a Q5 and absolutely hated it. Moved to an X3 30d and never looked back.. X5 is a step up again on the X3.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.