F30 330d windscreen washer jets problem

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Seems to have just happened last few days , tried to unblock them all the usual ways, de-iced, pins, hot water etc

The water pumps up to the nozzles powerfully but then just squirts out the end of the hose (red arrow) with nothing coming out of the nozzle jets....
But if I put my finger over the end bit - the water will jet out the nozzles perfectly fine?!!

Do I need a whole new washer pipework? I can’t see the nozzle parts separately ...

Where even to go to get it fixed?
Or just buy the whole new pipe work and fit it myself?

5AC7E85F-75C0-419C-9880-6B27CA91F0C7.jpeg

10AF268B-4AB0-48E9-8E89-5613969980C8.png

DAE78B7F-C539-426E-BBCC-D49B2957D989.png

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Well documented issue on the F series forums. More than likely there is a load of sludge in the system. Fill the washer bottle with Milton and leave it for 24hrs then run it dry. If you need to get at the filter in the tank itself it's a wheel arch liner out job.

Have you tried to blow them out with a compressor? Leave the jets in Milton overnight too if you can.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
I don’t think it’s this- in those cases the water doesn’t even reach the jets ...

My water is pumping right up to the jets but not going through them- before flying out the end bit of the pipe

Boksic

RMS Regular
Is there meant to be an end cap on there where you have the arrow?

If you block the end of that pipe and the water comes out the washers then there's nothing wrong with the washer nozzles, it's just the water is taking it's easiest way out, the open end of the pipe.

Easy way would be stick a cm or two of washer (any the right size) pipe on the end there, and block it with something (silicon, a screw, whatever, I don't know how rashly you fix things). Or find the cap that used to be there that blocked the end of the pipe, forcing the water through the washer nozzles

RevT

RMS Regular
As stated above, surely it’s just an end cap missing? I could check our F30 tomorrow to have a look for you and see what should be there.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
As stated above, surely it’s just an end cap missing? I could check our F30 tomorrow to have a look for you and see what should be there.

Yea if you don’t mind checking!
By looking at the new parts it looks the same with no end cap- like it’s an overflow to release water/pressure if jets blocked?!
It’s doing my head in tho!

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Well I just blocked up the end hole with a little strong plumbers putty and it’s now working fine! The water is coming out of the jets as normal....
Saves £100 for the new part...(fingers crossed)

Maybe it is like a one-way valve and mine is broken?

Maybe a coincidence but I used BimmerCode a while ago to code out the Headlight washing (hate having washer fluid all over the bonnet etc of a clean dry car)

RevT

RMS Regular
Yep, there must be a valve that’s broken inside the end of the pipe as I’ve just checked ours and there is no end cap.

32FE38CC-DF00-48A8-BC66-B16FC7E5FACC.jpeg

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Is that not the release valve that allows the water to expand if it is freezing up?

If it is then its clearly banjo'd but could very well just have some dirt lodged in it keeping it open

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Could be-don’t know what else it could be other than some kind of by-pass... started going like this after the ice last week.
£90 for a new pipe, will see how this fix goes