F30 335D xDrive M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Work mate from England bought one there recently, i like the wheels on his
Screenshot_20190118-211423_Gallery.jpg

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
So this happened last Saturday, just been way too busy to post anything about it :laughing:

6549D6F3-8B65-4BAC-93D6-D11F0C98BA71.jpeg

I know there are always mixed reviews with local tuners / remapping places, but I’m thoroughly impressed with the changes in my car after Davy remapped it! It was impressive before but now it’s an animal, the amount of torque and the rate at which it gathers speed is insane, helped massively by the XDrive of course!

I’ve got 2 videos here for comparison, of a before remap and after remap run from 0-120mph, as I know they tell more than a dyno run, but I’m thinking that I’m also going to get an intercooler and down-pipe and have the car dyno’d and mapped accordingly :grinning:

F2D033E4-C832-49A9-B34C-B97F834A5FBD.png

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
jezz, i fitted the clip ones to my grill, there was no outside markings on the car except the tiny M on the wheels.
but def not for the performancd on the sills. tackier than chit on trainers.

These were the clip ones. They were quickly un-clipped lol

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
sounds like at least a 3 car convoy to celtic tuning for you boys! :laughing:

Health to drive you mad heure! lol. Loveliest black ever when detailed up!

Bit depressing that i drive a 18mpg car yet you can map this to around the same for 35mpg and no other mods lol. Whats the 4wd like? Can you throw big mad burly whirlys in it?

No big burly whirlys Lawrence, too many wheels being driven for that sort of thing! Lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yeah my E92 had H&R’s fitted and it sat really well!

No coding extras yet @ChrisL no!
I think I’ve a coding cable in the house that I no longer need. I think you can download the software from a member on bimmerpost?

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
James I have Carly prescription - that goes to anyone else with a BMW who wants coding... £5 and do what you want! From fault codes to emailed health checks, doing coding of the massive list of options, coding batteries...

I'll not be home for a few weeks though and you'll probably have sold it by then

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
James I have Carly prescription - that goes to anyone else with a BMW who wants coding... £5 and do what you want! From fault codes to emailed health checks, doing coding of the massive list of options, coding batteries...

I'll not be home for a few weeks though and you'll probably have sold it by then
Sounds like a better job that the cable I had for the F31...it involved downloading software and token generators etc.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
I think I’ve a coding cable in the house that I no longer need. I think you can download the software from a member on bimmerpost?

I have a cable in the house also from having had remote coding done on my F80's before but thanks for that offer Nick :grinning:

Bimmercode is a good shout also, £25 app on the phone. I've done a stack of coding on my F31 with it.

I've never heard of either of these - I've always had an American guy remotely code my stuff! The App sounds pretty handy @gpaevo ?? Whats the setup like that you use @TalkToFrank ??

And I'll try not to sell it just that quickly Lawrence lol. Maybe be a bit of craic having a wee drag race with your 335i to see how they compare :cool:

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Mine is a Bluetooth plug in and an app on my phone... £50 for the device, £50 for a year subscription for all models... I got it to run & clear diagnostics without having to start plugging in cables etc, but you can do stuff like get rid of the lights on alarm, tilt pass mirror when selecting reverse, brightness of the halos, lazy flick of indicator increase to 5 flashes, remove canbus errors etc, us side marker stuff, save ac settings.... List goes on. You can change things and change back at the drop of a hat and it also does a back up of your old settings. Not to mention it does a mileage correction check up and can tell you if all the service resets match the book. Does the newer model have a digital speedo on the dash? Carly does that too but the E90 never had till I got this

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Dunno if I'll drag race you lol. Take it it is beyond the 400 barrier or did it not see rollers? You have 2 advantages anyway, slick shifting and 4wd. I'll be like a bann eel uppa road lol

NotKG

Banned
anyone near lisburn with one of these boxes could code a couple of things on my f20 d M ?
i want that start stop locked to last position and the side light error code removed so i can fit something whiter. think there was something else, just cant remember off the top of my head.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
They are all very similar. I've an obd bluetooth adapter and the app.

Coded things like door handle lights come on when reversing, led drl's, active cornering lights, start/stop stays at last choice (in my case always off), tailgate open and close from the key the list goes on. For one off £25 it's brilliant. Check out kies motorsport on YouTube, he does loads of coding tips etc.
Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-48-01.png
Screenshot_2019-01-29-11-47-49.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.