F80 m3 non comp vrs competition pack

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
had a look at a non comp pack car at the weekend there and not being any way into m3 I wondered If it is worth holding on for a comp pack car say next year when they have dropped another bit in price.there looks to be about £6k in price difference and it’s just out of my budget atm.whats the main difference with them and is the comp a much better place for a long term keeper .
What is the must have spec on these anyhow .

Jason

RMS Regular
The comp pack is def the one to buy but depends if its affordable I guess.

I've been looking into buying either M3 or M4 but personally can't stomach the extra as I'll most likely change wheels and lower etc anyway (albeit there is more to it than that)

j44nty

RMS Regular
I have only driven a comp pack car but my money would still be in a non comp pack. Yes the diff suspension tweaks are not there but you can spend the extra making it a better (to you) car. The 19” are nicer than the 20” imo. Lowered, spaced, mapped good tyres and few carbon bits and you’d have a nicer car for the same money as a comp.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I had a non comp pack and have drove a few comp pack cars.

It wasn’t worth the extra money to me as the non comp done the job I needed it to do. It was mental quick and exciting to drive and as I never had any intention of putting it near a track it didn’t worry me as it was still a fantastic road car. I opted not to put the M Performance kit onto it as I thought it was aggressive looking enough for me.

Only thing was it was a total nightmare to sell and everybody seemed to want comp pack cars so food for thought that it will be a bit harder to shift come sell time.

Pics of it below

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I had a non comp pack and have drove a few comp pack cars.

It wasn’t worth the extra money to me as the non comp done the job I needed it to do. It was mental quick and exciting to drive and as I never had any intention of putting it near a track it didn’t worry me as it was still a fantastic road car. I opted not to put the M Performance kit onto it as I thought it was aggressive looking enough for me.

Only thing was it was a total nightmare to sell and everybody seemed to want comp pack cars so food for thought that it will be a bit harder to shift come sell time.

Pics of it below

View attachment 232170

View attachment 232171
That’s lovely ,funny it’s the same colour as I was looking at .whats it like to live with as a daily .is bmw paint ok as in ,it’s not everything that even looks at it leaves a mark on it .

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I think JKC have both in at the minute as approved used. Why dont you give them a call and explain that you're interested but dont know whether you want comp pack or non comp pack. I have always dealt with Ryan Whyte and he goes out of his way to help. Tell him I sent you.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Personally it would have to be a comp car for me but everyone has their opinions and you need to look at what suits you best.
Also I’d be aiming for an AUC car and I’d be very picky on colour, as @AlpineF30 has highlighted selling these you need to have something to make yours appeal to people over the huge amount of others for sale

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Personally it would have to be a comp car for me but everyone has their opinions and you need to look at what suits you best.
Also I’d be aiming for an AUC car and I’d be very picky on colour, as @AlpineF30 has highlighted selling these you need to have something to make yours appeal to people over the huge amount of others for sale
Maybe a daft question but what’s a auc car ??

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That’s lovely ,funny it’s the same colour as I was looking at .whats it like to live with as a daily .is bmw paint ok as in ,it’s not everything that even looks at it leaves a mark on it .

I love Sakhir I want to get an F10 M5 in that colour at some stage.

Yeah its grand got a massive stone chip in it one day but thats to be expected but apart from that it was fine in terms of scratches and living with it.

I drove mine as a daily and it was fantastic comfortable when it needed to be and a hooligan when I pushed it on.

Although mine did have a lot of little issues think it was a bit of a Friday afternoon car. It rattled like mad the leather peeled on the drivers seat, the steering wheel faded and it blew the DCT gearbox with 16 miles on the clock 😂

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Sorry @zafturbo as the guys have pointed out approved used from a main dealer.

If you are even considering one I’d do as much research as possible on cutters etc so you can make your decisions better as to what all you’d like

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Drive both, you’ll want the CP. Come resale most want one too, that said,

Approved Used Car
Lol I thought it meant some bmw terminology for something .yes the one I’m thinking about is an auc so will have a warranty .

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Been considering this myself recently, Im leaning more towards the non comp M3 but fit M Performance Carbon pack, suspension, gearbox and diff controller flashed with the GTS software as mentioned and maybe add the comp pack wheels but I actually prefer the 19" non comp wheels if they are mint with Michelin pilot sport 4s tyres.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Problem is, with all these mods anyone does it instantly scraps any possibility of a warranty and I’m really not sure I’d fancy having the keys to one without a factory warranty

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Problem is, with all these mods anyone does it instantly scraps any possibility of a warranty and I’m really not sure I’d fancy having the keys to one without a factory warranty

Fitting a body kit wont void warranty and if you "Complain" about the cars drivability BMW will update the cars software for you to the latest version thus keeping warranty or extended warranty.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
If you perform a flash of any kind not carried out by a main dealer that’s the warranty out the window though as I’m sure you know @TSPORT

Last edited:

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
If you perform a flash of any kind not carried out by a main dealer that’s the warranty out the window though as I’m sure you know @TSPORT

I do indeed @chris_b hence why in my response to your post I said... if you "Complain" about the cars drivability BMW will update the cars software for you to the latest version thus keeping warranty or extended warranty.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Yes but 99% of people go for a ‘tune’ or coding rather than requesting a main dealer to install the current software thus, invalidating the warranty is my point.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
So what your saying then is stick to Audi as a bmw will break down .😛

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.