F80 m3 non comp vrs competition pack

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I went for Non-comp pack on mine, and purely down to not wanting to spend £45k for a comp pack at the time with a good spec.

I also have the suspension, gearbox and diff controller flashed with the GTS map, makes the car much smoother to drive, at first I wasn’t sure I liked it as it removed some of the hooliganism from the standard map and smoothed out the drivetrain when getting off the line or coming out of a corner hard.

My car was a bit of a pre-comp pack car in that it came with comp pack exhaust, black badges, black grills etc from factory, it was spec’d by bmw as a demo car to show off the options available, it’s got loads of kit, heads-up, 360 view camera, full leather dash, HK speakers, sun protection, rear sun blinds built in etc etc

I have been driving mine as a daily and it really is a fantastic car for all sorts, it’s 4 door, big enough for s good kids seat, reasonable to fuel, still under Bmw warranty so costs me nothing in repairs and worry free from big bills.

I will say that I spent 4 odd years in my M135 and M235 and I nearly miss the ZF gearbox over the DCT. I’m getting used to it, but the DCT is a bit clunkier than the ZF and sometimes not as quick to react to what gear I want vs what it thinks I want.

And is an absolute riot to drive!

This is RMS though comp pack or gtfo 🙄

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I’ve a lot of AMG love too, make no secret of that but getting the right spec on one isn’t easy.
Still think a C63 coupe of the latest generation is one of the nicest cars on the road

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
In that price bracket you have:
  • M3
  • RS4
  • RS3
  • Porsche Panamera
  • C63
My head is turned too.
I went and looked at a rs4 last week.totally wasted my time .anyways my own car is to similar performance wise and can’t tune the rs4. C63 is a defo no,Porsche defo no,can’t afford the running costs tbh.so it’s m3 or rs3 .
Review rs3 😍😍😍 m3 is just great looking car but can’t afford a comp car just this year .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
@Boydie head turned?? U have no idea,last month it was a golf r or s3 and stage 3 but for the £7-£8000 it will take I could have an rs3 ,or m3 ,or this or that.im scared to death buying a £30k car lol.its mental imo .