Fabric dye needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I need fabric dye to dye a headliner
I’d like spray on aerosol. I’ve tried RT Autos, fabric shops etc and no one stocks it
Has anyone any experience with this?
Thanks

jimcupra

RMS Regular
No bother I have never seen it in an aerosol before. The stuff elite does I have used on carpets and head cloth . Stripping match getting it out but it does do a great job. Getting an even coating is the hardest part. I just sprayed it on and built up light coats think around 7 for a head cloth.

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
I have it out since September lol
Sitting in the attic ready for a colour change
I considered getting it wrapped in alacantara but I didn’t bother wasting anyone’s time for a quote as it would be hundreds

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Just on this (excuse mild hijack). I need to dye seat fabric in situ. I bought leather seats for my legacy and never fitted as it was a glorified van for a while! But the rear benches have a fabric section where the seatbelts are and foolishly I didn't get them from the seller. So I'd end up with black leather seats with a snazzy navy fabric edge to them. That'd look cack.

Anyone done this?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I did it in a golf and it took about 2. 5litres that was going from cream to black. Its not that expensive get 2 just to be sure. I f you have the head cloth out @Steve540 then that's half the battle. Don't dry it too quick it can go patchy.. Wear gloves and cover everything near it. It's messy stuff.

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
Seems to be about £10 per 500ml @jimcupra
I thought it would have been about £20 for 5 ltrs lol!
Yeh I’m going from cream to black. It will make a huge difference. I’ve changed the whole interior from cream to black including the dash. So this needs to happen

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Autoglym do it in aerosol. Ive done a few skyline roof cloths with it. I done cloth and sunvisors with it.
download.jpeg

jimcupra

RMS Regular
@Steve540 it was quite a few years ago I bought it but it was about 15 a gallon. Those aerosols @SMURF1 posted would work out expensive. Give elite a call ask for Richard he owns it. It won't be anywhere near 90 notes a gallon.

RoniN

RMS Regular
If I remember right it's around £24 for 5ltrs of Elite dye
Don't bother with the Autoglym aerosols as they're about £10 each and you'll need about 10 just for the headcloth.

Here's my post doing a puma headcloth from cream to black..
What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

I've done dozens of headcloths now using the Elite stuff.
If your stuck give me a shout.

Cheers

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
If I remember right it's around £24 for 5ltrs of Elite dye
Don't bother with the Autoglym aerosols as they're about £10 each and you'll need about 10 just for the headcloth.

Here's my post doing a puma headcloth from cream to black..
What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

I've done dozens of headcloths now using the Elite stuff.
If your stuck give me a shout.

Cheers
Thanks. Yours turned out very well

neil-c

RMS Regular
Autoglym do it in aerosol. Ive done a few skyline roof cloths with it. I done cloth and sunvisors with it.
View attachment 218572

I’ve used this a lot on footwell carpets in situ. Great product. I spray it on without about protection of the seats and plastics around it and it’s always turned out fine as you can spray quote accurately. If you get a any overspray on plastic a quick wipe with a damp cloth sorts it out.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I done my Audi roof lining and pillar trims with a tin of satin black years ago. Came out a treat.

Also done the carpet, plastic trims, door cards and interior arch covers (they were a foam backed vinyl type material) on a wee Vitara last year with great results.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.