Factory built car transporter trailer wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm looking for a cheap factory built car transporter. I don't mind if it needs a bit of work to put right but it must be a factory built one and not a home made job. I could make my own no bother but I'd need two proper axles.

Something around £1000 and I know this won't get me a s****y new fancy thing but I just want a basic proper trailer to bring the Jeep around places.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
You can get the lend of mine to keep you going if you need to, mine is an Ifor Williams 16ft beavertail trailer and tbh, it wasn't much more that your budget, through pattersons of portadown. Serviced and ready to go.
Floor has seen better days tho.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I know of really good Brian James tilt bed which has LED lights, low loading angle and it's in very good condition. Think he's looking around £1350, but could possibly be talked to.

Let me know if you'd be willing to stretch to the likes of that and I'll send you the contact details. I might even be able to get the lend of it for Sunday so it would give you a good chance to see it.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Cheers for the offer @Andy044 but I've a 1000 mile round trip to do in June to the south of England and I'd rather have something of my own in case anything goes wrong. Still have to get the trailer test sorted before then though.

@Nicky that sounds like something I'd be interested in. Let me know more details if you can. It's a bit over what I'd want to spend but it's close enough if he'll meet me somewhere in between.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
No worries.
See Wendy at Wendy's trailer training, shes a cousin of mine and will keep you right regarding the test (y)

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I got this Trailer a while ago but it is too heavy duty for my needs so I'm thinking about selling it and buying something smaller. This trailer will take anything - even Transit vans it is so big and strong. It's just too big for my Jeep (which is all I really want it for).

18194105_1301392796610927_1200399433528194719_n.jpg

I'd swap it for a smaller Brian James (tilt or non tilt I'm not fussed) or might sell it for the right money.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.