failed MOt - but still pleased!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
failed the MOT today,

anyway failed it on headlight alignment and the handbrake didn't hold enough or something.

happy days! cos our car was lowered on the cheap with 60mm springs and standard shocks for almost a year now and the suspension was still in good nick! nice one!

the car also scrubs on the arches when people are in the back and on bumpy roads but it passed as well, nice :grinning:

the front splitter scrapped off the floor when it went on the rollers but nothin was said and he didnt jack it up full cos of the skirts :grinning:

and we had to stick big dirty red reflectors on the car for the mot (ones made for the back of a caravan , lol) for the lights to pass cos we've got the illegal smoked ones, lol

all in all, a good day for the fez!

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
yea but failed on simple stuff.

I was expecting to have to fork out for a whole new suspension set up, fail cos of scrubage, not being able to get on the ramp etc etc

just failing cos of the handbrake and headflight alignment is a big relief believe me mate!

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
errmmm no, cos they'll onyl test me on the things I failed on, ie handbrake and headlights

they wont check the suspension or anytihng again!

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
yea we were lucky but at least we passed, and belave me next year i will have bigger wheels and it wont hit the rollers

getting the things sorted this week and going up on tuesday to try and get an early esh booking

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
ak said:
Don't you have to wait like 3 months for the retest?

well i got my test booked for the week after i went down so i didnt wait 3 months.

im hopeing u dont have to wait 3 months for a re test as it will only take a few minutes to test

but ill see

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.