Fairings/tank painters & small repairs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

specialbrew

RMS Member
Looking to get a seat unit, tank and fairings painted for my track bike. Anyone had experience getting this stuff sprayed up before?

Not looking a fancy job (more a cheap one) as it's possible it'll get ruined. Looking someone who can just do a single colour & clear coat really - will need a bit more prep work but honestly I've not got the time nor the will to finish the sanding and filling

Anyone got any recommendations? Also a vague price for the work would be helpful

Cheers

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I'm getting the seat cowl and front guard of my R6 sprayed over the winter. I had been planning on leaving it down to Ryan white in antrim. Think his business is called nu-finish. Down near the enkalon. But a friend of mine recommended a boy, who's name I have no idea. He in opposite my friends business in the wee industrial estate in ballinderry, It's opposite AF autoclean. I've seen some of his work and it's 100%. Either of those will be doing my work for me. That's if either of them are local enough to you

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Post up a picture of what’s needing painted, I can do painting on the side.

specialbrew

RMS Member
OP
S
Post up a picture of what’s needing painted, I can do painting on the side.

Don't have a light atm to get a decent picture, but it's just a track fairing upper/lower, seat unit & tank. Decent enough condition wouldn't need too much work before painting. Though the seat has that sticky stuff left on it from the old foam seat pad

specialbrew

RMS Member
OP
S
I'm getting the seat cowl and front guard of my R6 sprayed over the winter. I had been planning on leaving it down to Ryan white in antrim. Think his business is called nu-finish. Down near the enkalon. But a friend of mine recommended a boy, who's name I have no idea. He in opposite my friends business in the wee industrial estate in ballinderry, It's opposite AF autoclean. I've seen some of his work and it's 100%. Either of those will be doing my work for me. That's if either of them are local enough to you

Would be local enough aye, what kind of money is it costing to get those bits done?

turbopresh

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaha r1
paintbox are unbelievable - only place i'll go for painting now, worth every penny.

Attachments

• 28276842_1866983016698717_3419531900232926328_n.jpg
    28276842_1866983016698717_3419531900232926328_n.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 182

smb1

RMS Regular
Drives
golf gti
no offence ment ,but he didn't do a good job on my fairing a few years ago ,had to take it back,i wouldn't go back,used to be a fella on upper braniel road did good work ,cant remember his name though

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
no offence ment ,but he didn't do a good job on my fairing a few years ago ,had to take it back,i wouldn't go back,used to be a fella on upper braniel road did good work ,cant remember his name though
Can’t please everyone pal. Sorry your experience wasn’t up to what you expected.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
As I say I’m sorry it wasn’t for you. If you weren’t happy you’re quite within you’re rights to take it back. I don’t know the ins and outs of it but as I don’t work for him only a relation is he’s my uncle. I know he’s a lot of happy customers but if it wasn’t for you fair enough. Glad you got sorted.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Maybe not relevant because the OP doesn't want a fancy job, but just to add that Paintbox did an amazing job for me a while back; blasting, painting and decals. For me it was worth every penny because it adds value to a classic bike if it's done right, including checking paint shade, years, models, photos, decals, etc; to a higher level than I was concerned about myself.
Seen plenty of bike ads with "paint by Paintbox" in the description, for a good reason.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.