Fairings/tank painters & small repairs

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Chat' started by specialbrew, Dec 1, 2018.

1. specialbrew RMS Member

specialbrew
    Looking to get a seat unit, tank and fairings painted for my track bike. Anyone had experience getting this stuff sprayed up before?

Not looking a fancy job (more a cheap one) as it's possible it'll get ruined. Looking someone who can just do a single colour & clear coat really - will need a bit more prep work but honestly I've not got the time nor the will to finish the sanding and filling

Anyone got any recommendations? Also a vague price for the work would be helpful

Cheers

2. big-lew18 RMS Regular

big-lew18
    Drives:
    really well!
    I'm getting the seat cowl and front guard of my R6 sprayed over the winter. I had been planning on leaving it down to Ryan white in antrim. Think his business is called nu-finish. Down near the enkalon. But a friend of mine recommended a boy, who's name I have no idea. He in opposite my friends business in the wee industrial estate in ballinderry, It's opposite AF autoclean. I've seen some of his work and it's 100%. Either of those will be doing my work for me. That's if either of them are local enough to you

3. Delboy23 RMS Regular

Delboy23
    Drives:
    EP3
    Post up a picture of what’s needing painted, I can do painting on the side.

4. specialbrew RMS Member

specialbrew
    Don't have a light atm to get a decent picture, but it's just a track fairing upper/lower, seat unit & tank. Decent enough condition wouldn't need too much work before painting. Though the seat has that sticky stuff left on it from the old foam seat pad

5. specialbrew RMS Member

specialbrew
    Would be local enough aye, what kind of money is it costing to get those bits done?

6. big-lew18 RMS Regular

big-lew18
    Drives:
    really well!
    Haven't got a price yet

7. gcon45 RMS Regular

gcon45
    Drives:
    and rides
    Paintbox here in Portglenone (y)

alan_c, Jamie-g and big-lew18 like this.
  8. big-lew18 RMS Regular

big-lew18
    Drives:
    really well!
    Some of their work is amazing!

alan_c, Jamie-g and gcon45 like this.
  9. Jamie-g RMS Regular

Jamie-g
    Drives:
    Volvo v70 d5 se
    Aye he’s my uncle phone up and ask for Davy. Does all the TAS race bikes.

alan_c and big-lew18 like this.