Fake petrol station, Belfast ?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Wont put brand name in the title...but this just popped up on FB

Mount Merrion. Has this been all over the media already ? Police/trading standards should be all over it if true ?

RevT

RMS Regular
Saw it mentioned yesterday.

What are police going to do? Surely it’s some sort of civil matter.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
So bizarre. Has to be for money laundering or something, no one right in the head actually expects a place like that to be profitable before they get shut down especially selling dodgy fuel.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
OP
stevieturbo
Drives
Old Ford
Saw it mentioned yesterday.

What are police going to do? Surely it’s some sort of civil matter.

Didnt they arrest a load in Banbridge over fake clothing ? Fake fegs ? So if this is fake petrol....fake branding....prossibly money laundering or not paying any tax, could be dodgy/illegal fuel ?

Surely it is absolutely a police matter, on many levels ?

And on top of that, the damage caused to vehicles if dodgy fuel, and the subsequent expenses there ?

Last edited:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I lifted a car from here who’s driver unbeknown to her filled it with kero from a diesel pump... the case continues

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Well that's me not using that spot again!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
So bizarre. Has to be for money laundering or something, no one right in the head actually expects a place like that to be profitable before they get shut down especially selling dodgy fuel.

It's card only so couldn't be used for that. Presumably it's watered down with kero, charged at full price and using the brand name or something.

I'd heard about this a few weeks back and called past the place for a quick look. If it is fake it's a very good one.

This place was also shut down by hmrc a few years ago IIRC.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Did I hear correctly that the old station that the GO replaced on Grand Parade years ago was doing hooky things too?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Also, was there not a problem with the Rosetta station a few weeks ago?

johnm

RMS Regular
Shows as a GO garage on Google maps & image is from 2018. So maybe it used to be, then closed down and now some punter has taken it upon himself lol

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
How the **** do they fake a garage?

Your man asked where did they get the signage from, right enough because its identical

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
This place was vandalised in 2018 and PSNI were involved in the investigation, boggles the mind that it wasn't recognised as a 'fake' garage then if that's the case - surely they would have had to be in communication with whoever manages or maintains it?

Filling station damaged in overnight attack

That Facebook post could also be total rubbish like most things on FB these days, despite their protestations.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Did I hear correctly that the old station that the GO replaced on Grand Parade years ago was doing hooky things too?

The old BP station was sold, was owned by local family, was then taken over and turned out while later to be seemingly linked to laundered fuel and Slab Murphy.... was then closed down, and underground tanks all ripped out.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
The old BP station was sold, was owned by local family, was then taken over and turned out while later to be seemingly linked to laundered fuel and Slab Murphy.... was then closed down, and underground tanks all ripped out.

I remember seeing the tanks coming out, sat for ages like that too.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Friend is a manager for lcc and it was the first he heard of it this morning.

markmeus

RMS Regular
There has to be more to this story, I can't comprehend someone going to all the effort to make a petrol station look as authentic as this one does.
Perhaps it was a Go franchisee, then things went sour (sourcing dodgy fuel) and they refused to change the branding?
Is the one in ballynahinch ok? I use it a lot :neutral:
Yes it's 100% it's mentioned on the Go Fuels official facebook page

Gambit

RMS Regular
speaking to a mate he was saying that the 'Fake Go' station hasnt had petrol at it for months now - always just diesel

its amazing the effort they have went to when you look back the garage over the years in google maps. new bricked forecourt etc

In April 2017 it looked like this

and then a year later