Fake petrol station, Belfast ?

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks like some job for a faker, the signage and the vending machines and all wouldn't have been cheap?!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Seems strange for a genuine GO place to have no Petrol for so long and to be selling crap diesel though?

Deleted member 13907

D
I didn’t realise the Ballynahinch one was open.
It's true - the longest running construction project for the smallest filling station in history was completed a while ago - they had an offer for cheap fuel when they opened, which subsequently blocked up the whole town.

markmeus

RMS Regular
Seems strange for a genuine GO place to have no Petrol for so long and to be selling crap diesel though?

This is what makes me think it was developed as a genuine station, the logical explanation would be dodgy franchisee filling the tanks from elsewhere, Go find out, terminate the contract, but the station owner refuses to re-brand. I really can't see any other way some one would go to all that effort of making a fake copy cat forecourt.
If that was the case Go could do better to communicate this, rather than have some girl on the phone saying i really don't know much about this at all but its not one of our stations.

Gambit

RMS Regular
This is what makes me think it was developed as a genuine station, the logical explanation would be dodgy franchisee filling the tanks from elsewhere, Go find out, terminate the contract, but the station owner refuses to re-brand. I really can't see any other way some one would go to all that effort of making a fake copy cat forecourt.
If that was the case Go could do better to communicate this, rather than have some girl on the phone saying i really don't know much about this at all but its not one of our stations.

are Go stations franchised?

What have I been filling up with lol!
his idea of months is probably yesterday

markmeus

RMS Regular
Some are and some aren't. This emerged when they were doing their 1 hour 99p offer, the go owned stations all did it at the same time, the independently operated ones chose different times, and some didn't bother to do the offer at all.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
This is some country we live in. Free cash withdrawals if you can hot wire a digger, free money for doing sweet feck all if you get voted into stormont, more free money if you have a wood pellet boiler and now fake filling stations to launder fuel.

There's some amount of Paddy O'Escobars here for such a small population.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So is it actually fake then?

Haven't seen any evidence here at all other than a random FB post and a lot of "I heard someone said they heard someone say they heard someone say...".

I know nothing about the place in question, but people start rumours for all sorts of reasons... Maybe it was the original FB post that was fake and the rest just the rumour mill rolling on?

dartagnan

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi Q7
This is some country we live in. Free cash withdrawals if you can hot wire a digger, free money for doing sweet feck all if you get voted into stormont, more free money if you have a wood pellet boiler and now fake filling stations to launder fuel.

There's some amount of Paddy O'Escobars here for such a small population.
That Sir, is one of the best quotes that I have had the pleasure to read in some time!

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Could it have been a real Go station at one point in time then there has been a disagreement over franchise/ contract / rent or something and they have lost the franchise but are continuing to sell fuel under the Go brand which is why it still looks like a Go station.

BIFF

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw e90
I sat and watched one early morning just after 7:00 am a fuel tanker filling the forecourt at Rosetta no go garage. I couldn’t believe my eyes when the tanker had top oil in big letters wrote on it. Then after the guy had filled up I thought that’s completely not right. But much to my amazement what came next was totally unbelievable the guy who had just thrown some fuel into the tanks started to remove the big post that sits across the safe door to were the notes go into and opened the door of the pumps and started removing a large amount of notes and went straight into his pocket. But it’s definitely not a go garage as people have been complaining about there cars not running right after using fuel and some people have been hit by hefty bills to fix there car etc. I know someone who phoned up only to be told it’s not a registered go garage and just to clarify this is the one on Rosetta road. And it’s connected to the new garage on the ormeau road were motoglass used to be. So it’s a deft no go garage to be using 🤮

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Anymore updates on this?

I'm not saying this is the reason, but a couple of weeks ago I had to replace my debit card as I went onto the app & spotted a payment to some place in San Antonio in Amurica!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
For the sake of this thread I think you should go in and ask them directly!

If they had a pay point.

180212809-65ea66b5-b3b5-42be-a133-1aef06beaa01.jpg