Fallout remover and PPF

davyk31

RMS Regular
With the enforced spare time we all have now I will be doing plenty of car cleaning. The M135i needs very little as its recently ceramic coated so the Macan will get plenty of love and attention.

I want to spray it with fallout remover but it has paint protection film to the bottom part of the doors, front bumper and part of the front of the bonnet. Will the fallout remover dripping onto the PPF do any harm. I know an aggressive traffic film remover can do a lot of harm. If it can't be allowed to run down what are my options.

I have both Purge and GTechniq products, would one or other be better for the job. I'm not expecting a load of contamination as its very low mileage and very regularly washed. Probably need a hot of tar remover too although there is little tar on there. From memory I asked the guy who did the PPF and he said tar remover sprayed on top was ok but hopefully someone on here can advise.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I would just give mine a quick wipe with tar remover then a wipe with a damp cloth so it’s not staying on there longer than it has to

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i'm sure @big_pete will be on to clarify, but Purge is pH balanced, non aggressive and is actually really beneficial for ceramic coated paintwork.

as long as there is no signs that the PPF has lifted anywhere I would say its perfectly safe for use.

With tar remover, as its solvent based (and the actual description is tar and glue remover) i'd be especially careful with it on PPF and again, as Mark has suggested, id use tarminator on a microfibre and wipe it off. You're better being careful with it

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yep crack on, just don't do it in sunlight. The tar and glue just be extra cautious and wipe with a damp microfibre to lift any residue immediately

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
I would just give mine a quick wipe with tar remover then a wipe with a damp cloth so it’s not staying on there longer than it has to

Yes this is how I was thinking to do it or just apply to localised areas where there may be tar. Very little there anyway I reckon.