Family Style: Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: When looking for a small family car a lot of folk will opt for a Ford Focus, VW Golf or a 1 series BMW however for those who think outside the box and want to be a little different to the norm there is a great little offering from Alfa Romeo called the Giulietta.

With a name that is hard for me to spell I will be using the paste function a lot for this article but thankfully the car is much easier to understand than its beautiful name. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I've been a lifelong Alfisti and owned loads but the Giulietta I had (a QV) was the most disappointing.
QV Line or the 245bhp cloverleaf ?

I am absolutely BUSTING for a run in a QV Mito, reckon it would be a complete hoot !

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I have two Bravo sports (a 1.9Mjet Diesel 150 and a 1.4 Tjet 150). Great wee cars for tooling about in and great value.
Very similar (but not the same) as the Guilietta....;)

Big Jon

RMS Regular
Drives
G87 M2
I have two Bravo sports (a 1.9Mjet Diesel 150 and a 1.4 Tjet 150). Great wee cars for tooling about in and great value.
Very similar (but not the same) as the Guilietta....;)

We'd a 1.4 Tjet Bravo sport and it was a good wee car and gave very little bother despite being one of the first (July 2007). Ultimately the Giulietta is a better driving car, IMO, but just lacks a bit of the Alfa fizz and my QV (again an early one) had loads of niggly problems. I was probably spoiled as I'd a VXR8 prior to the QV and a 147 GTA before that. That 147 GTA is the car I most regret selling.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Wasn't metallic grey by any chance? (The Tjet)

Bryan

RMS Regular
Thinking about getting a Giulietta for the wife - are they any good? I've always liked Alfa Romeo but I know the reliabilty has always been questionable. She wouldn't be doing big miles though and just needs a slightly bigger car than a Mini.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Thinking about getting a Giulietta for the wife - are they any good? I've always liked Alfa Romeo but I know the reliabilty has always been questionable. She wouldn't be doing big miles though and just needs a slightly bigger car than a Mini.

Wife bought a 2011 1.4T multiair veloce 2 years ago, and has done 14k miles in it with no issues at all. I like it, and £ for £ it was better driving and equipped than a lot of other choices.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Still got the two Bravo's and they are still driving on just fine. We've done 88K on the Diesel and 105K on the 1.4Tjet and they are still cracking on with just service items etc. Both the Bravo and Giulietta are developed from the Stilo platform which is a fair age now but they seem to have done a great job of updating it but keeping the major mechanicals and suspension straightforward. Good package IMO, I'd like a Guilietta Multiair. Only criticism I'd have is the sport suspension has very little travel left in it if you are fully loaded with adults in the back.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.