Faq's - Rms Frequent Threads Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Guys and Girls,

If you have any suggestions/links to threads which you deem fit for this post, please feel free to link them below and I will update them into the list on the first post.

Insurance
Car Care
Engine & Tuning
Stopping & Turning
Wheels & Tyres
Bodywork
Car Parts
Licences & Driving Laws
Random
Obviously I would like this to work, and as a community we should be doing everything to lower DaddyC's blood pressure. So please help this become a sticky

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Stuck. Now flesh it out! Get the RMS/Greenlight insurance thread in there.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
OP
PeteMoore
Steven, a link to the most informative one would be great, thanks

Andy, thanks, ill go get the greenlight thread link now

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Threads on alignment and couriers HAS to be in here!

They must make up about half the threads in this bloody section by gimps constantly!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
"What car" thread covering various budgets should be first on the list lol! Good job NineK on this!

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
A guide to searching properly would be good for noobs, who dont know to use * at the end of three, two or one letter words when searching for example, eg TDI* in the search engine instead of TDI and getting the usual search error can not be specific message.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
The member resource list?? I.e the list of members and how thy can help you out e.g. Plumbing, house alarms etc

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Threads on alignment...!

Found this on Briskoda.net may be of interest:

Various methods are described to encourage you to resolve tyre wear or handling issues, additionally members in forums are keen to advise but often fall victim to the same miss-information, read carefully and stay ahead of 'alignment the big con'

Tracking/Alignment
Is linear, this measurement shows no concern for any other angle. This form of measurement is the most common in the World and the most damaging.
Angles measured 1

Four wheel Alignment
Uses the rear wheels as a scale to centre the steering rack.... then the front toe..... this is better but is assuming the rear is centred.
Angles measured 2

Four wheel Laser Alignment
Same as above.... be wise!

Geometry/Primary
Will image the exact rear centre line to permit a centred steering wheel.. additionally the front and rear camber positions will be measured. This is the most common form of Geometry and i consider this as 'basic'
Angles measured 8

Full Geometry/primary and Secondary
Is absolute but harder to understand. Few places even with the equipment measure the Secondary angles, these include...
Castor
KPI/SJI/SAI
Scrub radius
included angle
TOOT/Ackerman
Delta curve
and so on

Most areas that involve rapid tyre wear or handling issues need to be read from the 'Secondary' data, even more important if the car has been modified or for diagnostics after an accident.
Angles measured 15+

Not easy reading indeed, millions of pounds change hands every day for 'Alignment', a need to be wise could save you �ssss

One more thing to make the 'blood boil'.. The Primary and secondary Geometry has a customer destination?

1: Primary is the 'dumb' customer version
2: Secondary is with held unless requested and named the 'Technicians version.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
OP
PeteMoore
Guys, if you could find the links for your suggested threads that would be awesome

Otherwise I will get round to finding them when I have more than 5 mins to myself

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Theres new threads asking about turbo re-conditioning at least twice a week.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.