Fast & Furious Inspired MR2 Roadster LT Project

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Hi all, I was suggested to make an account here.

My name is Alex (RoadsterAlex on Social Media) from the Netherlands but living in Portadown.

In 2019 I bought myself an 2002 MR2 Roadster after years of deciding what I want.

Since then I’m working on it.
6046A996-4A14-442E-9E4C-C8F4B4E65A0D.jpeg

EBD74860-F23B-476B-91DF-2854FC8EDE8D.jpeg

There is a lot more stuff to do on this car for the next few years,

Attachments

• AA24E9D7-F0D2-4EF3-9C9C-9D76DC4D3E40.jpeg
    AA24E9D7-F0D2-4EF3-9C9C-9D76DC4D3E40.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 1,681

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Sorry for my poor First post, was on my phone so here is the rest.

back in 2019 I swapped the old 140hp 1zz engine for an 189hp 2zz engine which was fun but not what i wanted in my car.
Winter 2021 i swapped my 2zz engine for an Honda K20A2 engine which i added turbo on it and drove it over the summer having loads of fun, old school HKS BOV and such

Video:

This all ended around September/Oct I would say when I had a big BANG while driving (slow/normal) and I ended up with a hole in my K20.

All this gave me a chance to buy the engine I really wanted, JDM K24A, which im currently still building in.
Due different reasons I am leaving the K24A N/A (For this year at least).

I also worked on converting an lotus evora interior to MR2 Interior, which i swapped back for now as i need to make a new version of this.

One of the changes for 2022 I would say is that im getting wider wheels and coilovers to match everything, something I wanted for a while but I was under the impression that power is more important and since im staying N/A I can change my priorities to more the "look" of the car.

From the pictures above I made a few changes but I will get into the fibreglass work when its a bit warmer.

I'm always happy when people come and have a chat with me about the car

Thats it for now!

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Welcome to RMS. That’s 3 wide arch MR2’s we’ve had on here now I think?
i know Phil has one (TypeMR) but other than that its not very comon i would say. I had my kit since december 2019 i think, just after i had my 2zz finished up

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Welcome to RMS, and love that you're straight in with ambitious project. Get the pics of the K24 build up!

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Interested to see this when the turbo goes on to the K24, for me a K24 with boost is the best you can buy for your money in the current market.

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
It’s cold today so not much I can do but I received my 45 degree so I could finally test the location for my intake
2EAE12AD-146C-4EFD-A430-BFD4D3B87A18.jpeg

Must say that the location isn’t that bad!

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Had a bit of delay, items not arriving and wrong plugs, sensors etc! Sellers not shipping items! So I needed to wait.

However I got this today 😎

24B6A8F9-9176-4ACF-89C4-032A0DA1D65F.jpeg

Im hoping to test start my car next weekend if I get everything in time

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Very nice!

Is it a bit of a handful with the K20 turbo in it now? 🙃

I often wondered, I imagine they run fairly high compression, do you have to lower the compression? Or is the boost low enough not have det.

Turbo and vtec yo together must be pretty awesome.

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Very nice!

Is it a bit of a handful with the K20 turbo in it now? 🙃

I often wondered, I imagine they run fairly high compression, do you have to lower the compression? Or is the boost low enough not have det.

Turbo and vtec yo together must be pretty awesome.
You can actually run the K20 turbo on stock compression without issues, my engine may have been faulty. But most people run stock compression.

My k24 has a litte bit lower compression which may help a few things as well.

But I’ll see how K24 NA goes as these engines can run 270-300 HP in N/A form :grinning:

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
D6A48365-4E97-46B1-86A0-8827E22DBA83.jpeg

Top one is rear lowered on its highest setting, can still lower 55mm more than this

Front still original, same wheels as well.
Will adjust lowering after I get new wheels to double check height

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
This pretty cool and it’s nice to see something different about town it’s actually refreshing to see something with a kit.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing it about town more.

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
4E484610-5E83-4AB9-9088-89BF5FA7417C.jpeg

Front and back now on coilovers 😎 next up will be the back wheels and tyres and re-adjust the height again.

Oh and I need to cut the front undertray as well
53D8D151-564B-4457-B1FC-946EE3F4F757.jpeg

It’s not completely covered but it’s more than completely open :grinning: mainly to protect underneath my bumper

roadsteralex

RMS Regular
OP
roadsteralex
Drives
Audi TT 3.2
Little update,

I have been battling with an fuel/spark/injector problem for last few weeks which i just fixed.
Ordered new wheels (made to order) , tyres already here so just waiting for that.

Still trying to fix fuel gauge issue which is bascially not working at all

should be starting the "idle" tune soon so i dont have to worry about anything.
Friend cut my 2 silencers and re-welded them for me to pick up soon as well , test fit this and see what changes need to be made before we get the rest welded (90 degree bends and hooks).

Car drives (only went on private property to test) need to adjust gears a bit because they are all working except no 1.

will start with cutting the panels i got above soon and slowly making some fibreglass changes.