'Fastest car' on Netflix

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Definitely worth watching.......

An American series about 3 crapbox sleeper cars versus a supercar in a drag race, entertainment and interesting

JH86

RMS Regular
I thought it was absolute guff

That idiot with the lunch money thing was enough for me to just turn it aff

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I thought it was absolute guff

That idiot with the lunch money thing was enough for me to just turn it aff
I think there's a lot of misguided opinions in it and that's what makes it interesting, none of the 4 racers know anything about their competitors except that they know what supercar they're racing.

The 'lunch money' ratrod car was bull**** to me at the start of the guys story but it was his escape from being paralysed. He used to bmx, skateboard and surf as a teenager and then fell over a banister talking to someone. He built the car to give him an interest again.

All the stories are good from the 4 competitors in every episode plus you don't know what.will win.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I thought they were both cr@p to be honest. Hard to get a good car show now days

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I see season two of fastest car kicks off this Friday.

looking at the advert it doesn't just seem to be a drag race.

season one had me interested but ended up a farce when the winner a) didn't own the car (was a mates) b) it was on sand/salt flats c) he was in a 4wd Lambo against 2wd motors and they acted shocked that he got off the line cleanest

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Started watching season 2 this afternoon - already hate that Lambo driver. Needs to be more humble considering his roots.

Insulting other people’s self build pride and joys is just childish. I know it’s probably all for show but not required IMO.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Started watching season 2 this afternoon - already hate that Lambo driver. Needs to be more humble considering his roots.

Insulting other people’s self build pride and joys is just childish. I know it’s probably all for show but not required IMO.

That’s the self help guy?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around

Yup, thought he was an arsehole! His ability to drive needs help 😂

Series 2 is better than 1 and the final in it is brilliant.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Not a bad watch ... some serious builds ... lots of disposable income in the US by looks of it

it was like watching a series of adverts for McClaren this season ... :grinning:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Not a bad watch ... some serious builds ... lots of disposable income in the US by looks of it

it was like watching a series of adverts for McClaren this season ... :grinning:

yeah I was disappointed by that this season.... was hoping for someone to pop up in a jag xj220 or an older 911 turbo lol.

The supercar really was like 'oh I messed up launch control' or they won lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Can’t exactly mess it up lol you just foot to floor on both brake and pedal, let go of brake and just hold on. Car does the rest.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Can’t exactly mess it up lol you just foot to floor on both brake and pedal, let go of brake and just hold on. Car does the rest.

Drivers where saying the launch control timed out

Can’t say I’ve ever launched a Mclaren....

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The white mustang with the massive turbo as a front grill really is some bit of kit and the guy knows his onions. The black 4wd Civic is something else too.

Brilliant series imo

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Don’t know how cars launch outside of VAG’s but you’d think if they were in a competition like that they’d practice ffs