Ferrari 360 - ‘Challenge Stradale’ conversion

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
A&T autostyle in the south did a mk2 interior for a friend of ours and the work was fantastic.

Just was thinking that there has to be someone down there and it's always easier to take a trip down the road rather than ferries / planes etc.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Conlon Coach Trimmer is located in Dublin. They are part The Engine Block which is a new motoring hub owned by Dean Motors, it's going to be a bit like the Duke of London location in London. I've never used him but if Dean Motors uses him then he's going to be good.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I had a quick look round your car yesterday in Dundalk at that point i didn't even know it was yours as i thought you were still adding the interior bits back into it. That's A pity about the interior I hope you get it sorted.

It looked well and stands out from the crowd even tho every Ferrari does.

I did try to have a little play with Grey one that was beside you but he was having none of it as i was curious to see what it went like as it sounded nice.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That Engine Block place is going to be Drift Games HQ for a while too. Be useful to know that a decent trimmer is a couple of hours down the road.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I had a quick look round your car yesterday in Dundalk at that point i didn't even know it was yours as i thought you were still adding the interior bits back into it. That's A pity about the interior I hope you get it sorted.

It looked well and stands out from the crowd even tho every Ferrari does.

I did try to have a little play with Grey one that was beside you but he was having none of it as i was curious to see what it went like as it sounded nice.

Thanks mate. Tbf I threw it together quickly to get it out but there are a few little bits and pieces ive to tidy up so you probably didn’t see it in it’s full glory.

You tried to race Liam in his F430? Lol 🤦‍♂️

I had the same with a few guys in their souped up Corsas and MR2 with ‘K20 NNN’ on the number plate (presumably a k20 conversion who wanted to see how fast his car was lol). I wasn’t interested either 😂

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks mate. Tbf I threw it together quickly to get it out but there are a few little bits and pieces ive to tidy up so you probably didn’t see it in it’s full glory.

You tried to race Liam in his F430? Lol 🤦‍♂️

I had the same with a few guys in their souped up Corsas and MR2 with ‘K20 NNN’ on the number plate (presumably a k20 conversion who wanted to see how fast his car was lol). I wasn’t interested either 😂

It stood out that's for sure.

He did go for it off a set lights and it sounded well it would of been nice to hear it at the top end of the Rev Range.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
It stood out that's for sure.

He did go for it off a set lights and it sounded well it would of been nice to hear it at the top end of the Rev Range.

It’s a very highly spec’d f430 that. I looked at it myself when I was viewing cars before I bought mine. It’s got every carbon optional extra in it, carbon ceramics, carbon skirts etc, it’s a nice car!

Chunky f**ker at 1520kg though 😂

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
It’s a very highly spec’d f430 that. I looked at it myself when I was viewing cars before I bought mine. It’s got every carbon optional extra in it, carbon ceramics, carbon skirts etc, it’s a nice car!

Chunky f**ker at 1520kg though 😂
There's cheeky comments, then there's cheeky comments ffs 🤣

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's the thing though, that's why I always preferred the 360. Believe it or not they were quite popular on the track day scene around 10 years ago or so before the prices took off. They feel a lot like an Elise, but with a Ferrari V8 in the boot 😁 Even the non-CS car were pretty basic still, especially the manuals. You could work on them at home, and people did alongside their Volvos and Golfs, they weren't scary in that way.

From 430 and on they just got more and more electronic, "tech"-heavy, and more weight and kit.

Ceramic brakes would scare the life out of me, just the cost of maintaining them...

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
More from sunday

EA546882-9207-40A8-A890-6F2F16C84E8F.jpeg

55FB789B-5F68-49B3-9B9B-A544D1C3E2BF.jpeg

A01375D9-7C5D-460A-AB20-D014B05CE7FE.jpeg

DB5FD084-515D-4D29-8C7B-FD7329ECEE61.jpeg

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
They do stuff for the automotive and other industries. Nothing on the website about one-off consumer jobs?

No idea, the website isn't great tbh but it also doesn't say they don't do one-off consumer stuff either.

Level of work was the bit I noticed

RevT

RMS Regular
This car is unreal, I love what you’ve done with the interior. It’s a pity the workmanship wasn’t what you’d expect and those bits would annoy me too.

I know you’re probably more interested in how the car drives, but it would really benefit from a nice plate IMO. I’ve always been a fan of a nice plate though, always finishes a car off.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
This car is unreal, I love what you’ve done with the interior. It’s a pity the workmanship wasn’t what you’d expect and those bits would annoy me too.

I know you’re probably more interested in how the car drives, but it would really benefit from a nice plate IMO. I’ve always been a fan of a nice plate though, always finishes a car off.

Yeah, I have intended on fitting a nice plate but haven’t found the right one.

Thanks for the kind words. Tbf…Arek and Bartek are two *an***s but reflecting on it, the poor workmanship doesn’t actually take away from the overall feel of the car. It’s not perfect and is not that quality I desired for the car but it still looks fresh and good overall.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
If you're looking at the dashboard, you're gonna crash, look out the feckin window! :p

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
right let’s stop talking about it now!

I want to enjoy it for another short while before I’ll likely have to sell - a business opportunity has presented itself that I need to raise capital for!

If it’s dry, I’ll be out drifting about and loving (looking past) my gorgeous dashboard 😂😂😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeah, I have intended on fitting a nice plate but haven’t found the right one.