Ferrari 360 - ‘Challenge Stradale’ conversion

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Mark, I got the snow foam out yesterday, washed the fez, dried it off and went for a drive. Then I parked it, went to bed, got up, look at it this morning….and went for another drive.

What am I getting at?….Not a spanner in sight! I love it.

I can’t be ar*sed with racing anymore, or westfields. I dunno…..the novelty might pass but I can’t see it. I just love listening to the Italian orchestra.

The red yoke is being collected Wednesday. Can’t wait to have some garage space 😂😂

I wanted to go to Villa Vinci but wanted to park right outside - did a few laps before getting bored of waiting, got fed up and went home 🤣🤣. You weren’t the one in the car where the fella shouted “keep er lit” out the window? Lol

Wasn't me, I was beind you in a wee black Swift. I'm sure you noticed! I'd be surprised if anyone even noticed you with the road presence of the mighty Swift behind you😂 lol

That thing sounds mental, would have loved to have heard it stretch it's legs but there isn't much space for that sort of thing around Newcastle!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Wasn't me, I was beind you in a wee black Swift. I'm sure you noticed! I'd be surprised if anyone even noticed you with the road presence of the mighty Swift behind you😂 lol

That thing sounds mental, would have loved to have heard it stretch it's legs but there isn't much space for that sort of thing around Newcastle!

Yeah it really needs to be singing at 8.5k to get the full grasp of its voice but as you say, Newcastle isn’t the place for that! 😂

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Mark, I got the snow foam out yesterday, washed the fez, dried it off and went for a drive. Then I parked it, went to bed, got up, look at it this morning….and went for another drive.

What am I getting at?….Not a spanner in sight! I love it.

I can’t be ar*sed with racing anymore, or westfields. I dunno…..the novelty might pass but I can’t see it. I just love listening to the Italian orchestra.

The red yoke is being collected Wednesday. Can’t wait to have some garage space 😂😂

I wanted to go to Villa Vinci but wanted to park right outside - did a few laps before getting bored of waiting, got fed up and went home 🤣🤣. You weren’t the one in the car where the fella shouted “keep er lit” out the window? Lol
Awesome as it is….

You’ll be back racing/competing soon enough. Pros for both 🤘

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just very different things and different kinds of fun.

You'll enjoy the ferrari for now until the next thing catches your eye 😎

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I am sure you make every excuse to take this thing out the sound is sublime and you would never get sick of hearing it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The best thing about the 360 is that it's basically the last mechanical Ferrari, so just get the spanners out 😎

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The best thing about the 360 is that it's basically the last mechanical Ferrari, so just get the spanners out 😎
Last mechanical but also didn't need the engine out for belts services like the 355 if I recall? So bonuses all round???

I actively disliked the "normal" 360, I thought it was pig ugly compared to the 355, but the Challenge Stradale version I always really loved.

Looking at the picture of it parked up at the meet, I can see why you said about the spacers, the wheels do look a little lost in the arches there.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Pretty sure it's a much more refined version of the selespeed that was in some alfas and fiat's.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
How do you find the F1 gearbox so far? still easy enough for it?

Tbh I actually love it. It’s got the challenge stradale TCU map so it is supposedly significantly faster than the normal f1 box. It also does a much more aggressive auto-blipped downshift which is soo addictive

Some hate them and maybe I would too if it was ‘standard’ but I really love this. The shifts are jerky but to me, that adds to the sensation of speed and race car feel. I love it 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't think there was a manual CS? All the "F1" box?

The "standard" 360 is much better with the manual, so sweet and proper metal gate too 😎 But the CS version of the "F1" box was very different from the "standard" F1.

As long as it makes you smile 😁

JT079

RMS Regular
4C9A7AA4-D1B8-4E39-A426-DB2F4C696883.jpeg

Wider wheels 😎

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Saw this on Sunday and it’s only just dawning on me that this is like a 20 year old car?! Talk about cars that have aged well! It looks incredible and nowhere near it’s age.

Also the carbon intake boxes 😍

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I don't think there was a manual CS? All the "F1" box?

The "standard" 360 is much better with the manual, so sweet and proper metal gate too 😎 But the CS version of the "F1" box was very different from the "standard" F1.

As long as it makes you smile 😁

Oh, I didn’t realise you’d driven the f1, the manual and the CS?

Im 99% certain that there is no difference to the gearbox itself, rather only the way in which it is controlled via the CS-specific TCU….which mine has

P.S. Rays TE37s still belong on a Silvia or something, wise up 😂😂
Saw this on Sunday and it’s only just dawning on me that this is like a 20 year old car?! Talk about cars that have aged well! It looks incredible and nowhere near it’s age.

Also the carbon intake boxes 😍

It’s 22, nearly 23!!! Nuts isn’t it.