Ferrari 456 GTA

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Absolutely unreal, what a buy! Great colour combo that 😍😍😍

Had a 1:18 model of one as a child and always wanted one, that's a dream right there.
Would love a look round this some time if you have it out and about

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Oh boy.... My childhood dream car! I've a Burago die cast boxed upstairs of one of these.

I pass by your house regularly Stuart and have almost bounced off the hedge manys a time as I do a rubber neck to see what's up the drive lol!

Must actually call some time.... We've spoken a couple of times over email since my TR7 owning days but I must call up and see this beautiful motor some time if you're free.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
A V12 Ferrari... OUT.BLOOMING.STANDING!

What's the auto box like?
The box certainly wouldn't be as smooth as some on change up and it can hang onto a gear a little longer than you'd want sometimes. The biggest issue is actually trying to keep to the 30mph limit, at that speed its pretty much idling so can creep past it without you noticing and the car feels as though its going painfully slow.
Beautiful! I saw that for sale when I was buying my F355 from them. I don’t think you could have bought a better car for the money. Congrats.

When did you collect it?
Last Thursday. Did you deal with Dave or James, and did you meet Roger the owner by any chance?

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
My new favourite car on the forum…awesome

When I win the Lotto - I’m getting a blue one, with tan leather and manual box😁
That's what I originally was looking for in either French or Ciaro blue and there was actually one for sale but this colour combo just won me over.
Fantastic Stuart, beautiful car and should make the previous auction nightmare a distant memory. Congratulations!! :cool:
It's gone a long way to reset my karma
Absolutely unreal, what a buy! Great colour combo that 😍😍😍

Had a 1:18 model of one as a child and always wanted one, that's a dream right there.
Would love a look round this some time if you have it out and about
Anytime at all just flag me down.
Superb Stuart, health to drive, fantastic purchase, great to see you back in a prancing horse.
Have to say Phil I never thought I'd be back in one again.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Oh boy.... My childhood dream car! I've a Burago die cast boxed upstairs of one of these.

I pass by your house regularly Stuart and have almost bounced off the hedge manys a time as I do a rubber neck to see what's up the drive lol!

Must actually call some time.... We've spoken a couple of times over email since my TR7 owning days but I must call up and see this beautiful motor some time if you're free.
By all means, I'm working from home these days so here pretty much all the time so call anytime.
Are you from this approx area @Maranellohouse ? Boulevard tonight, 7pm onwards?
I am, and I missed your post as I've been busy, mostly looking out the window trying to take in I'm really not dreaming.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
The box certainly wouldn't be as smooth as some on change up and it can hang onto a gear a little longer than you'd want sometimes. The biggest issue is actually trying to keep to the 30mph limit, at that speed its pretty much idling so can creep past it without you noticing and the car feels as though its going painfully slow.

Last Thursday. Did you deal with Dave or James, and did you meet Roger the owner by any chance?

James. I finally met Roger today as I collected the car up this afternoon! The car has totally exceeded my expectations. They were telling me about you coming over last week.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Speaking of the Burrago models, I couldn't help myself :blush:
IMG_3596.jpeg

IMG_3595.jpeg

They don't make RHD models and it was going to be to much like hard work to convert.

IMG_3597.jpeg

scub

Banned
Fantastic! one of my all time favourite cars, bar none.

Along with the 355, one of the last beautiful Ferraris. I never was wow'd by the 550 or 575, great cars but they didn't exude Ferrari the way a 456 does.

The ONLY thing I would change, would be a manual. But I completely understand a GT should be an auto.

Here is one of my favourite video clips of all time (ps don't try to repeat)

he made your ferrari go pop...
don't do that 😉