Ferrari F355 Berlinetta

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Full respray, full servicing, and then punt it on?

If you're done you're done, fair enough, but why do all that work then? Or maybe I misread, lol.

Not even in the same ballpark or neighbourhood those two! Or even the same planet :innocent:

One is an absolute beautiful and the other you can use without worrying about reliability or residuals too much 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I wouldn't be able to sleep worrying about residuals and Ferrari servicing on a California! Probably would be reasonably reliable though 👍

Did the Evira fall through then? Or getting both? 😅

BarryPort

RMS Regular
OP
BarryPort
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Full respray, full servicing, and then punt it on?

If you're done you're done, fair enough, but why do all that work then? Or maybe I misread, lol.

Not even in the same ballpark or neighbourhood those two! Or even the same planet :innocent:

Of course, we all enjoy our ownership without relative care, then spruce up to an attractive standard to avoid melters come market. A £10k respray then trip to the riviera would be a bit silly. I should have done that whilst she was slightly tatty in places 😔

With all due respect there’s a 30% value difference in the these cars between a dishonerable one and a minter.

I chose to not to acknowledge the pedantic enquiries.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
One is an absolute beautiful and the other you can use without worrying about reliability or residuals too much 😂

I don’t think F355s are inherently unreliable at all, certainly none that one would dare to buy. Perhaps the word ‘expense’ has taken on this meaning? F355s are pretty simple things overall. I’d honestly have more fear of the dreaded combination of unreliability and expense with any Audi with RS in its name. And F355 trumps California every time :cool:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
There just is no comparison between the F355 and the California for me. The F355 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made and was on a poster in my bedroom when I was younger.

Proper dream car for me. Someone will get a great one there @BarryPort , especially after the work you're planning.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Wow, didnt expect this to moving on this soon.

So you reckon you'll not loose any money from the respray as it will sell so much better? Makes sense then, but you might love it too much when its super minted to want to let it go anymore. ;)

pablo

RMS Moderator
Good luck with it @BarryPort

Makes sense to me. A suitable investment could reap top dollar when selling. Especially with a true classic like this.

Stunning car though and as much as it wasn’t pristine I kinda liked that. A car for driving and enjoying.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Aww man, I don't think I could ever let such a car go.

Instead of selling, you should do one of those car lottery things for RMS members only 😂

I'd certainly enter 😏

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Just discovering this, and I'm already sad to see you're letting go. I do remember seeing it on the PMG Facebook page a few years back.

Really enjoyed your initial write up. Hand's down one of the best car introductions posts I've ever read. Hope it's a hassle free sale for you, what a beautiful machine!

"It’s all about evidence with these and this thing has more stamps than Ian Paisley’s passport & more history than Rome. Aftersales Cooridinator Charlotte King couldn’t have been more accommodating & documented its time at Hursts whilst I waited patiently at sea. I opened every email at arm’s length through a single squinted eye expecting the upbeat Charlotte to announce the car was a ringer and there was Japanese knotweed growing in the trunk. Terrible stuff."