Fiat 500 for breaking??

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
Does anybody know of any Fiat 500 1.2 for breaking? I need a gearbox, seem hard enough to come across from the amount of phone calls I made today lol
@southsky sunrise any ideas?

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
I tried most them earlier, no luck! I'll need to sit down tomorrow and go at it again, few places wont post down south either

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’m usually up and down once a week if your Stuck bud. Eco-part or Traynors would be a good shout

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The 1.2 pandas are probably the same box too. I've a mate in Coventry that breaks pandas and works at them too. I'll ask him if he knows if the panda boxes are the same and if he has one hes willing to post.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
Somebody said they might be the same as a Ford Ka so I asked a few of the breakers i rang and nobody seemed to know.
I filled out an online form on one of those part finders places and just got an email there now from a breaker to say they have one so I'll be ringing first thing to see what the story is

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
Out of all the breakers I rang yesterday who didnt have a box, 3 rang me back today to they they did after i filled out the form on partfinder.ie.
Torture lol

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Mate in England doesn't have any but confirmed as above that they are the same as the panda and punto boxes. Also said that it is the diff bearings that go and the kits are 80 - 100 quid and easy enough to fit. Most of the second hand boxes will have the same issue and be more expensive.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
@FM155 he has knows where to come across the kits? Just for future reference!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'd just ask someone like lagan valley bearings in lisburn or equivalent where you are in Mexico..

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Gardiner Transmissions in Cullybackey are doing my diff at a fair price. They shouldn't be unreasonable for a bearing.
Speak to Paul for a quote 028 2588 1197.

Without knowing the vehicle details, I've checked the part numbers of the boxes on both 1.2 500 & Panda and in most cases the numbers seem to match. It seems they would be the same box.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
As already mentioned, why don't you find out what's wrong with the box and repair it? There's plenty of people repair gearboxes, kits are readily available for them online depending on manufacturer, most bearings (if that's the issue) will be made by Timkin, SNR, GKN.