Fiat Barchetta - An undiscovered modern classic?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Fiat is an automotive monolith and Italian industrial giant. Despite manufacturing cars for over 100 years, in all shapes and forms, its image and reputation has been dogged by the legacy a range of unimaginative and wholly unreliable cars which it churned out throughout the 1980s.

In 1995, they needed a change of image. Enter the Barchetta.

Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
I've one in the garage at the moment. Lovely little cars to drive. doing a little work on it for a mate but thinking about keeping it.
IMG_2252.jpg

Bryan

RMS Regular
Didn't these only ever come in LHD? How come the one at the top is RHD?

I've always liked these. I remember a program Mike Brewer was on that helped people source cars took someone into Europe to buy one because it was much cheaper than ordering it from Fiat UK and since they're all LHD(?) it didn't really matter.

I love the old Fiat coupes too but I'd rather have an Alfa :p

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Didn't these only ever come in LHD? How come the one at the top is RHD?

I've always liked these. I remember a program Mike Brewer was on that helped people source cars took someone into Europe to buy one because it was much cheaper than ordering it from Fiat UK and since they're all LHD(?) it didn't really matter.

I love the old Fiat coupes too but I'd rather have an Alfa :p
read the fine article and find out why its RHD ;)

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Yes they were all lhd but a company in England converted them. It was pretty straight forward as all the mechanics are Fiat Punto.

Personal preference but the Coupe drives better than the Alfa to the point it feels a bit German.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.