Fiat experts?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Wife is looking to downgrade as the kids are getting bigger and less hassle to transport them around. I've narrowed down a few choices to look at, the usual Fiesta/Jazz size of car. One that crept up on my travels was the Panda. Nice enough looking little runabout. I'm looking info on the diesel engine variety and the lack of a DPF (1.3 Multijet II engine) if I'm right?

As always, I'm not content with bog standard fare, so I'm looking for the funky 4x4/Trekking model, especially in that superb dark green they have. Question is the wife doesn't do huge miles, but if I'm correct, these engines have no DPF, and none of those issues. Would that be suitable for someone doing not big miles? I know the old trope is diesel for big miles, is that still the case?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
If you want the diesel just for economy, forget it, the petrol engines do near 50mpg and the 2009 on cars are £30/Yr to tax. Very under rated wee cars. My Dad had an Eleganza one, had all sorts of toys including climate control!

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
If you want the diesel just for economy, forget it, the petrol engines do near 50mpg and the 2009 on cars are £30/Yr to tax. Very under rated wee cars. My Dad had an Eleganza one, had all sorts of toys including climate control!

Not for economy no, more so it looks like the 1.3 diesel is more common than the 0.9 Twinair in the Trekking trim. Plus any higher miles on the 0.9 litre would worry me.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Not for economy no, more so it looks like the 1.3 diesel is more common than the 0.9 Twinair in the Trekking trim. Plus any higher miles on the 0.9 litre would worry me.
Yeah. Don't know a lot about that engine tbf. The wee 1.2 FIRE engine is pretty good though. Do the head gasket with the timing belt and keep the gearbox oil well changed.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I had a 1.2 easy plus was a smashing wee car but it gave me a real sore back on longer journeys. It looked smart too it was black with red roof bars and mirrors and had 15 inch alloys, Bluetooth etc. I drove it flat out everywhere and it used no fuel. I’ll have to post a pic up later if I can find one. If you can find one it’s better spec than the standard white fridge spec easy model.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
1EDB1386-5EAD-4463-A517-9598CFEC488F.jpeg