Final Trackskills Track day of 2015 - Sunday 1st November.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

The End Is Nigh! Of the track day season, anyway. Sunday 1st November is our last one this year.

The clocks will have gone back an hour and it will be dark at 5:30pm. Bring working headlights!

Cars coming so far include
Integra, Clio Cup Van, MX5, MR2, Mini 1330 Clubman, Elise, BMW and Nova Hot Rod.

If you are coming along, please drop me an email to donal@Mulsanne.co.uk.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Cars coming to this track day, as of 28th October 2015.

• MX5
  • Honda Integra DC-2
  • MR2
  • Mini 1330
  • Elise
  • BMW
  • Nova
  • Clio
  • Ferrari
  • Civic
  • Sylvia
  • Skyline
  • Puma

sw20ag

RMS Regular
Was a good day indeed, glad it got to run even in the fog.

Seen one chap facing the wrong way after Debtors, hope he and the car were okay!

Did anyone got any photos of the day?

inb4
4271888_orig.jpg

Reactions: V8

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
"Seen one chap facing the wrong way after Debtors, hope he and the car were okay!"

Yes, he was fine and the car had remarkably little damage. However, the poor guy looked like he had had a mud bath after trying to find somewhere to attach the tow rope underneath his car! Note to everyone, we can't get you towed if there is no obvious place to attach a tow rope! When, with the help of a spectator in a 4 x 4, we did get the Civic back on to the hard stuff, the car drove both back to the pits and home.

Marc

RMS Moderator
"Seen one chap facing the wrong way after Debtors, hope he and the car were okay!"

Yes, he was fine and the car had remarkably little damage. However, the poor guy looked like he had had a mud bath after trying to find somewhere to attach the tow rope underneath his car! Note to everyone, we can't get you towed if there is no obvious place to attach a tow rope! When, with the help of a spectator in a 4 x 4, we did get the Civic back on to the hard stuff, the car drove both back to the pits and home.

He was super lucky, I think I spotted him backwards up the bank just before the red flags came out! :grinning:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
It was a friend of mine that ended up on the bank after debtors.. We ended up putting the tow rope around the front of the subframe to pull the car off the bank

As mentioned.. very lucky not to have came out worse after hitting the grass at 100mph + and the car is driving straight with only minor damage to the door and front wing

The fog seemed to affect the grip on the track and he admitted that there was not enough heat in the tyres after only the 2nd lap to take the corner at that speed resulting in the back end coming around very quickly with little time to react so it's a valuable lesson for the future

He said that he will be back next year with proper track tyres (currently on road tyres) also a roll cage, bucket seat, harness and tow strap is on the to do list for over winter!

The accident was well handled by the Trackskills team and it was good that they let us help to get the car off the Bank and get the day back up and running for everyone else

MarkM

RMS Regular
Epic fail! My cam was only taking stills, I had the remote wrapped around the cage near my leg and I obviously was pressing buttons ffs :worried:
Clio story in pics, to be different :grinning:

I want to join the party

onto the group

Close?

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
All those clio's appearing out of the fog, spooky ! could only happen at hallowen . Looked like a good day's sport though, sorry I missed it now , no more till next year.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Moving pictures this time ;) although not the most exciting, it will give you some idea of the thickness of the mist.

Had a mixed day with tire problems and numerous wheel changes, but can't complain as we have been very fortunate to date.

(y) to all the Trackskills team, and all going well, we will do it all again next year :laughing:

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Only discovered as well when we got back to the paddock the rear wheel nuts were loose, that's what was causing the funny noise through debtors. Glad I wasn't pushing on :eek:

jc996

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Mr2 Mk2
I am trying to upload photographs from Sunday's trackday but it keeps saying "security error" and "refresh page". Anyone know why I am encountering this problem?

Marc

RMS Moderator
up
I am trying to upload photographs from Sunday's trackday but it keeps saying "security error" and "refresh page". Anyone know why I am encountering this problem?

upload to photobucket or the likes and just link them?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.