Final Trackskills Track Day of 2016 - This Sunday 13th November.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
14925573_1450484304966490_8707511159740517968_n.png

It has arrived! The event where we run into the dark! (Or at least until the marshals can no longer safely see each other).

Cars booked include numerous BMWs, various Hondas, a couple of MR2s, an RX8, a couple of Evos, an MNR 'Bussa, an MG ZR 160, various MX5s, etc.

If you are planning on participating, please send me an email with your details. Donal@mulsanne.co.uk.

Thanks! :grinning:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Fantastic day, track was treacherous at times but so much fun! After a spin at Colonial,something's broken on The rear of the Clio, clunking and banging all the way home. I'll have a look during the week.
Thanks to all at trackskills for another great year, roll on February :cool:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Had a great day! Lacking abs was fun, teaching me not to just jump on the brakes and hope for the electronics to save me!

dellboy

RMS Regular
Drives
AMG Merc
Yes I got down to watch and the track did look very greasy, The Sierra was very sideways at the hairpin.
The EVO seemed to have the edge on everyone with the 4wd doing it's stuff. I only got doing a few this year hiring the Mazda
but will hopefully hire it more next year

Reactions: V8

Andymk3gt

RMS Member
Had a great day, haven't been in years. My wee car took the punishment all day with no problems. Rain didn't spoil the fun and racing in the dark was proper exciting! Thanks to all the staff and marshals

tj hooker

RMS Regular
Drives
evo 8
I had a great day on Sunday. I enjoyed the first run out with Markm.The track was slippy and we had not fully warmed up the tyres .lol. we were both putting the car's sideways. But as Mark said it was all part of the fun.
I also enjoy the last run of the day when it was starting to get dark.With johnny in his lovely black RS4.
The sound from that exhaust was awesome.
A big thank to Donal and all the Trackskills Team for all the hard work.
Hopefully I will be able to get more days on track next year.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: The final event of the Trackskills season took place on Sunday 13th November and it was obvious that we had run out of sacrificial virgins, as the rain never really stopped all day. It was never a genuine downpour but it was always at least a fine drizzle.

With the ever-present Kirkistown wind during the early part of the day, slicks would still have been a brave option as there was no standing water and the track was greasy. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Couldn't make this one as the car was not ready, but luckily we were able to squeeze in one final track day of the year. First time for both us and the car at Mondello. Really enjoyed it although not as fast or flowing as kirkistown. I think the mr2 is happier in Kirk

Customary video

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Goin well there @mike2 mondella is good fun especially if its greasy !
Sadly nothing for now it but hang up the track cars till the spring .

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
It was wet in the morning and I found the going tricky, the corners draw you in and then tighten and leave you with little option.

The wheels were spinning even in the dry, great feeling though when you get it right.

Yip, time to tuck the cars up for winter.
Hopefully see you in the new year Arnold.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Really enjoyed it although not as fast or flowing as kirkistown. I think the mr2 is happier in Kirk

Mondello is brilliant, at least if you got the full International track and not one of the short circuit layouts. Should be perfect for the MR2 (y)

Much more technical than Kirkistown, like you say not as fast or flowing but full of technical corners and braking zones. I love both, very different tracks, but Mondello is a "proper" race track :grinning:

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Agreed, I really enjoyed it also. The reason I say it did not suit the MR2 was that it spent most of its time at the top end of 2nd gear, as 3rd is not a strong gear in mr2's :worried:
Although as someone said there, they have yet to build a gearbox for Mondello :grinning:

Nice bunch of lads at trackday.ie also.

Although don't tell, Donal, Keith or Greer I said that ;)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nice bunch of lads at trackday.ie also.

Not seen that one before, thought I had been there with most organisers :innocent: Mostly go with "Octane Trackdays"/OTD.

And yes, there is a lot of either short-shifting or sitting on the limiter :grinning:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Am I right in saying the first Trackskills of this year is in February?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Having done the AMA Trackday in November I've missed stretching the Meganes legs. Going to try and make it along to the February Trackskills :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.