Final Trackskills Track Day of 2018 - Sunday 4th November.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Good videos @plexo , especially the trackskills car spinning .
Another great final trackday of the season , these really are very well run events , good organisation , with the majority of drivers showing good speed and track manners so well done Donal and crew .
Yellow m3 ran great all day , once we tightened the right rear wheelnuts , that is !
I had a great run against the white evo as the sun set , very enjoyable .

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Think that was my son @Gibbo was behind you , so maybe a good thing to hold him back a bit lol.
Class bit of action there @gavnik you ' ve obviously more accleration out of the corners , but good little dice all the same
Spectacular sky .

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yep was me @plexo good craic (y). uploading some footage now, seems the GoPro isn’t as reliable as the M3, recording light was on for most sessions but didn’t save the the card.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Sounds like everyone had a good day yesterday (y), we couldn't make it sadly due to a prior engagement.
Would have been interested to see what colour are brake disks were seeing all the problems we have been having this year with them ;).
Thanks to all at Trackskills in 2018 and hopefully see all the usual suspects in the new year . :grinning:

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
You missed a good day @mike2 and bro.
Might i suggest your discs would have been fluorescent green , as they must be nuclear powered ! Lol
Heres to 2019 D.V.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
And a few of the photos I took during the day...

DSC_1589 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1591 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1593 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1594 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1595 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1599 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1606 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1610 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1611 (1280x851).jpg
DSC_1613 (1280x851).jpg

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Good clear video , @Neal_M , smooth driving style which reflects in the condition of that tyre i was looking at , all to easy to go out there , go mad and wreck the front tyre !
Semi slick or even used slicks on the front axle at least may be worth considering, used slicks especially , as relatively lower cost .
While Sunday was a good day for tracking , grip levels on cold tarmac are lower , so even though our car felt good ,lap times were at least 2secs a lap down on norm , but just as much fun .

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Good clear video , @Neal_M , smooth driving style which reflects in the condition of that tyre i was looking at , all to easy to go out there , go mad and wreck the front tyre !
Semi slick or even used slicks on the front axle at least may be worth considering, used slicks especially , as relatively lower cost .
While Sunday was a good day for tracking , grip levels on cold tarmac are lower , so even though our car felt good ,lap times were at least 2secs a lap down on norm , but just as much fun .

Thank you kindly sir.

I should have a few of you warping past me on other sessions... I'll get them up ASAP.

Perhaps the colder ambient temperatures were putting me off, rather than me simply blaming the tyres.

The R888Rs seem to be getting great reviews and much improved over the older R888s. Do you think they would be a worthy upgrade?

It's hard to dismiss the AD08R's. Excellent value for money and they have lasted very well. But I do fancy an upgrade.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Thank you kindly sir.

I should have a few of you warping past me on other sessions... I'll get them up ASAP.

Perhaps the colder ambient temperatures were putting me off, rather than me simply blaming the tyres.

The R888Rs seem to be getting great reviews and much improved over the older R888s. Do you think they would be a worthy upgrade?

It's hard to dismiss the AD08R's. Excellent value for money and they have lasted very well. But I do fancy an upgrade.

I’d would go for slicks neil as I don’t see a huge jump between tyres for the cost. 2nd hand slicks and you’ll see an improvement

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.