Finance Proposals - Online Submission Form

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Did you just land in to see the other 2 cars without prior appointment and ask for a test drive in the first few mins? Or did you discuss the vehicle with the seller and the faults, if some one finds fault in my vehicle or doesn't like it, they normally say, nothing worse than the usual "i'll have a think" line, its alot better if folk say what the issue is so it can be rectified.

First one no appointment (Hurst's) second one appointment, it was in Ballymoney so a fair drive for me. I did ring them both the next day to say I wasn't proceeding. Both good enough cars as said but the 3rd represented the best value/condition/history.
The one in Ballymoney incidentally was advertised with a full service history, confirmed on the phone. What it actually consisted of was a ford stamp at 9k and a random stamp 4 years later at 37k. Why do people do this?

If the cars are properly presented and the customer just wants to drive it to see what a 'golf' drives like as they may consider buying one sometime, I would class that as a total time waster. Thankfully I'm not in the position to have to sort those out from the genuine customer.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
and back to the finance form..... I do like the paragraph at the end. One question, why are there so many dealers sites that are almost the exact clone of one another apart from the stock listed. A web design company has done well, maybe you guys do not realise how many sites look like each other, a random customer looking at a car tonight will more than likely ring your competitor in a few days time thinking it was the original site. Maybe I am raving need a break from chasing accounts :confounded:

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
and back to the finance form..... I do like the paragraph at the end. One question, why are there so many dealers sites that are almost the exact clone of one another apart from the stock listed. A web design company has done well, maybe you guys do not realise how many sites look like each other, a random customer looking at a car tonight will more than likely ring your competitor in a few days time thinking it was the original site. Maybe I am raving need a break from chasing accounts :confounded:

Most sites are powered by Used Cars NI, AutoTrader or Click Dealer.
Whichever provider you pick, will give you a number of templates to choose from.

I agree that most sites do look similar, but with the detail and funds that would be required to go into a website with the likes of DVA look ups etc - it would cost small independent dealers a fortune to pay a web designer to create a completely individual one.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
As above, they are all templates from about 3 main companies.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Agree on the test drive front, especially when you dont have a team of valeters at your disposal or all day to waste time on something that doesnt materialise as a sale, and whatever potential trade-in they present may or may not be something you want to stock or can agree a price on. I try to put people off driving until alot of that stuff is resolved, however alot of people will go through the motions to get a drive and never come back. I do understand that sometimes it is down to simply not liking that particular car and never having driven one before but its rarely the only factor. The biggest frustration for me is straight-forward honesty - I would rather people who don't like the car for some reason (whether its one I can rectify or not) or don't like the figures would just say so! But I think they are so used to small traders lying and waffling nonsense that they have their gaurd up and feel they nearly have to do the same. I always try to tell people that I am straight forward and honest and not trying to cause offense when explaining to them the reason behind whatever I am doing be it the valuation of their car, the figuires etc - some respond to this and trust you, others just can't and thats that. Have had a number of frustrating people out this week eg. viewing 3 really fantastic cars but not buying, all 3 had very so so trade ins that I was not that keen on, still worked with them, explained everything, test drives etc to hear nothing back, but its difficult to say how serious they are anyway, I think when people are off its an outing for them, when they are working and have to fit it in around work they are more serious - should really learn to be more ruthless on the phone at holiday times but I think I have the balance pretty good - will likely confuse/offend some people but the alternative is spend your day draining yourself and dirtying cars marching to the beat of people who are out for a day trip - if they don't want to chat much about figuires or their trade in over the phone or as you say just turn up or call a few mins before its usually a bad sign.

Last edited:

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Agree on the test drive front, especially when you dont have a team of valeters at your disposal or all day to waste time on something that doesnt materialise as a sale, and whatever potential trade-in they present may or may not be something you want to stock or can agree a price on. I try to put people off driving until alot of that stuff is resolved, however alot of people will go through the motions to get a drive and never come back. I do understand that sometimes it is down to simply not liking that particular car and never having driven one before but its rarely the only factor. The biggest frustration for me is straight-forward honesty - I would rather people who don't like the car for some reason (whether its one I can rectify or not) or don't like the figures would just say so! But I think they are so used to small traders lying and waffling nonsense that they have their gaurd up and feel they nearly have to do the same. I always try to tell people that I am straight forward and honest and not trying to cause offense when explaining to them the reason behind whatever I am doing be it the valuation of their car, the figuires etc - some respond to this and trust you, others just can't and thats that. Have had a number of frustrating people out this week eg. viewing 3 really fantastic cars but not buying, all 3 had very so so trade ins that I was not that keen on, still worked with them, explained everything, test drives etc to hear nothing back, but its difficult to say how serious they are anyway, I think when people are off its an outing for them, when they are working and have to fit it in around work they are more serious - should really learn to be more ruthless on the phone at holiday times but I think I have the balance pretty good - will likely confuse/offend some people but the alternative is spend your day draining yourself and dirtying cars marching to the beat of people who are out for a day trip - if they don't want to chat much about figuires or their trade in over the phone or as you say just turn up or call a few mins before its usually a bad sign.

We are 100% on the EXACT same wave length. We had a particularly good week selling 7 cars in the past 3 days but near enough every car in the yard had to be washed/prepped twice due to having some similar cars in stock, ie 3 similar golfs, 3 similar passats etc, at the end of the day there isnt a terrible lot we can do. Some people are so hard to judge you cant be sharp to them. Others will lead you down a garden path then go, oh would you take my 2015 3k mobility car in as a trade in on a 1k 206 trade in lol (yes that did actually happen this week lol )

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.