Fireblade oil burning issues

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Hi all.I'm looking at an 09 Fireblade at the minute.Does anybody know if the oil burning issues that the 08 blade had were sorted for 2009? Thanks.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
A litre per 1000miles is classed as acceptable by honda. The 08,09 had crank issuses where they became noisey. They then issused a replacement clutch basket to make it less rattley. If it sounds like a bag of spanners avoid it. 2010 onwards all issuses where resolvee

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
My friend us selling this if you're interested, £7.5k but I'd say he's easy talked too
FB_IMG_1553588043434.jpg

Last edited:

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000xr
A litre per 1000miles is classed as acceptable by honda. The 08,09 had crank issuses where they became noisey. They then issused a replacement clutch basket to make it less rattley. If it sounds like a bag of spanners avoid it. 2010 onwards all issuses where resolvee
Thanks for that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.