First / Learners Car

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Drives spot on, no issues and as a bonus they’re all season which is what I would have put on the wee car anyway.
Will check the date tomorrow but I think this version of the tyre was only released in 2019 anyway.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If Continental (or whoever) has capacity they will bang out a batch of unknown brand tyres and sell them cheaper. It maintains maximum productivity and doesn’t dilute their premium brand.

You can tell how old the tyres are in about 15 seconds by looking at the markings on the sidewall.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
If Continental (or whoever) has capacity they will bang out a batch of unknown brand tyres and sell them cheaper. It maintains maximum productivity and doesn’t dilute their premium brand.

You can tell how old the tyres are in about 15 seconds by looking at the markings on the sidewall.
Week 45 2019 so happy enough with that.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Ordered a major service kit (5L oil, oil filter, crush washer, 2L antifreeze, air filter, 3 plugs and a fan belt) and front & rear Bosch aero wiper blades as the current ones need replaced, all for the princely sum of £75 delivered! Hard to beat. All products tried and tested by the citybug club.
Also ordered a replacement remote key fob housing for £7 (old one was held together with duct tape) off Amazon and switched the internals and transponder over. Cheap fix and now have 2 new keys.
I sometimes get a faint whiff of smoke over the New Car Smell magic tree so I’ll need to get the bio brisk out and clean the upholstery and seat belts to get rid of it - job for the weekend if it’s dry.
I’ll order a Chinese CarPlay double din and fascia from Ali Express but won’t be fitting them until she passes her test - doesn’t need the distraction!
First lessons this weekend so fingers crossed!

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Ordered a major service kit (5L oil, oil filter, crush washer, 2L antifreeze, air filter, 3 plugs and a fan belt) and front & rear Bosch aero wiper blades as the current ones need replaced, all for the princely sum of £75 delivered! Hard to beat. All products tried and tested by the citybug club.
Also ordered a replacement remote key fob housing for £7 (old one was held together with duct tape) off Amazon and switched the internals and transponder over. Cheap fix and now have 2 new keys.
I sometimes get a faint whiff of smoke over the New Car Smell magic tree so I’ll need to get the bio brisk out and clean the upholstery and seat belts to get rid of it - job for the weekend if it’s dry.
I’ll order a Chinese CarPlay double din and fascia from Ali Express but won’t be fitting them until she passes her test - doesn’t need the distraction!
First lessons this weekend so fingers crossed!
Tub of white vinegar in the footwell with the lid off and leave it a couple of days, smoke smell will have went
once the vinegar smell disappates.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Missing the 2L of anti-freeze (being sorted) but not bad for £75 delivered
6DE56498-3ECF-4A71-9C80-CCFCD44E91E0.jpeg

The big Bosch wiper blade is probably the dearest thing!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Got a clutch kit for this as it was on offer on Amazon for £44 delivered. Not sure when the clutch was last done but this is the updated (190 mm instead of 180 mm) version so might as well change it. I’ll let her give the current clutch a bit more abuse first! Feels like it’s slipped a couple of times when driving so just being prepared.
4A127900-0053-40A4-BF2F-E77CFA414819.jpeg

There’s an aftermarket gear knob that spins round and does my head in so bought an original one off eBay

B7EF2185-960B-4BE3-B852-54637C117168.jpeg

The double din wireless CarPlay unit arrived from AliExpress. Got it mounted in the replacement fascia, not bad.

Current HU
ABEFBF3C-9C9B-4F76-8E12-C3DA8ED0D21D.jpeg

AliExpress special

83FC61E2-612C-4270-BC30-7A610DFC74C8.jpeg

3ABD9EA7-422F-424D-98A9-B690656C3772.jpeg

Needed an ISO lead (save me soldering) and an aerial adapter which came to £5.50 delivered off eBay. So all in £95, not bad.