First Win for McGarrity at New Year Stages Rally

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this -Kirkistown Racing Circuit on the Newtownards Peninsula has for years, played host to the New Years Stages Rally. Normally organised by the 500 Motor Racing Club of Ireland, the event is the season opener and as such tends to attract a decent entry and good spectator numbers.

Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Derek not have the WRC rear wing on the car?

I wouldn't pay £15 to stand and freeze in Kirkistown.

Cess

RMS Staff
It's an R5 Fiesta. Think he sold the Fiesta WRC he was using at the Turkey Run (PX14 something or other).

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Yes as @Cess said it is an R5 car that went from M-Sport to the Caribbean - at this point R5 means nothing in their championships and i assume it ran WRC spec stuff when out there, Elfyn drove the car on last years Rally Barbados after it done Jamaica and Trinidad events with Penti Powell and Simon Jean-Joseph.

On the entry list he was entered as WRC and the only R5 car on the grid was Woodside in the DS3 of Greer's, so i imagine the R5 fiesta is running the more open re-stricter and as such needed to run Class 9 rather than Class 10

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.