Fitting Saab sat nav to something else

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have this Saab 9-3 sat nav and I'm contemplating installing it in my Transit. It seems to power up using the two wires someone has previously soldered into it. When pressing Nav it says there is no Nav DVD. Does the DVD go in the slot at the top? Does it just require a GPS antenna to plug into one of the aerial jacks? Or does it require other modules to make it work?

So my question is what do I need to make this work in something other than a Saab?

1591636711812.png

1591636779934.png

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Stop being a miserable sod and go and by a standard Ford radio for £20 from gumtree.

Thanks for that very useful information, I already have a perfectly good working radio thank you.

This one is touch screen with sat nav etc. It's sitting doing nothing and I'd rather put it to good use.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
Thanks for that very useful information, I already have a perfectly good working radio thank you.

This one is touch screen with sat nav etc. It's sitting doing nothing and I'd rather put it to good use.
No problem. Glad I could be of assistance.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The disc loads behind the screen

And how he fitted it

Granted it was into Saab but might help you a bit

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Cheers @Pumesta looks like everything is contained in that one unit I just need some antenna adapters and a GPS antenna. Might give it a shot but it's probably still horribly outdated.