Flame Red Megane 275 Cup-S

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Well...

Having decided that it was time to part ways with the Clio a few months back I set up looking at other options. Everything from Octavia VRS Estates to a BMW 140i and everything in between was considered. In the end I decided it’s better the devil you know!

Since selling my 265 Cup just over 18 months ago and missing it ever since I knew I would love another Megane. Initially I considered something a bit older...think pre facelift and 2010 or thereabouts and was very close to buying a Glacier White 250 Cup but something just didn’t seem ‘right’.

This brings me to this particular car. It’s a guy I have spoken to on and off for a few years and have been following his updates on this and past cars on Instagram. He is hugely into Renaultsports (makes two of us ;) ) and massively into detailing. He first messaged me in August, after seeing on Facebook that I was keen on another Megane, saying he would be changing in 2019 to the new Megane 300 Trophy.

Anyway we spoke on and off until a figure was agreed and deposit placed in November.

Some spec;
2016 Flame Red Megane 275 Cup-S with just 8,500 miles
LSD
Factory Titanium Akrapovic
Full leather Recaro Sportster CS
R Link Multimedia System
RS Monitor
Reversing Camera
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Renaultsport Aluminium Gear Knob

The only photos I have of the car are from the owners Instagram. I’ve taken the best ones which really show off the paint colour - personally I think it’s a fantastic colour!

41B976EB-03F2-4389-AAFB-AAF926B84A9A.jpeg

56C9FCC3-85BA-4F27-8765-D2F27C1A6CCC.jpeg

E8D75587-E427-4D49-800A-C03CA047547B.jpeg

A8D473D9-4EFD-456D-B3FB-90151F6BC89E.jpeg

EB38E541-8354-4A4A-8E7E-FF3B38728E6C.jpeg

This photo really shows off the paint in the sun as opposed to artificial light;

EA0798AA-B943-4D52-AD2C-4364EB3FA37F.jpeg

I have already bought the optional extra Speedline ‘Turini’ in 19 inch to go on. It currently has the 18 inch ‘Tibor’ wheels fitted. Other than that my plans are to keep the car half as clean as it currently is! The owner is an official product tester for a few companies including local company ‘Mynt Automotive’ and I am fully expecting to pick up the car with paintwork better than factory!

Travel etc is booked for 25th of January and I honestly can’t wait to pick the car up!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Yes Eddie!!!

That looks better than new! Good move on the wheels, that's basically all that needs done. Although is this one going to the track at all? ;) Some suspension mods then? :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks fantastic Eddie, lovely colour. Can’t wait to see it with the new wheels.

Any interest in the Clio yet?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Beautiful! Love turinis too, have a set of 18’s sitting in the shed myself

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
I have so much time for fast Renault hatchbacks. Love this!

I don't think the pictures have shown off Flame Red to its full potential.

Looking forward to see what you do with this!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
This is without a doubt the cleanest Megane in the UK. A credit to Andy.

You know my thoughts. Looking forward to a spin!! (y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Really like that and I’m sure it’s great fun to drive. Great choice, good to see something not VAG for a change:p

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That looks superb, love that interior with the seats, wheels and mats. Looks like a great colour too. Enjoy.