Flame Red Megane 275 Cup-S

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
seriously? your motor didn't get on the indoors non VAG stuff lol??

they must have some pretty mental cars coming then.... (or mates)

I realise I probably sound like a d*ck after that last post lol.

Looking forward to seeing what is indoors (especially Renault :grinning: )

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Selection and voting for shows will always be random and subjective, lol.

If you get in, happy days. If not, just enjoy whatever did :innocent:

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I imagine it’s probably just too standard?

That was a thought of mine aswell tbh! The car does have some nice options on it though but I get what you mean :grinning:. Looks won’t change too much from this point on - smaller front plate and maybe black badge covers. Have a set of OZ which I’ll run as winter wheels.

I’ll keep enjoying the Cars and Coffee events. I’m hoping to head to Down Royal with a friend who has an Evora 400 later this month - @svensktoppen you probably know the owner as I can’t imagine there are too many on these shores...

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Car looks superb @Eddie_

There was an awesome LY 200 indoors at Dubshed last year but it was quite heavily modified. I'd imagine for anything non VAG it needs to be pretty unique. Although i'd have loved to see the Megane under those lights! :heart_eyes:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I realise I probably sound like a d*ck after that last post lol.

Looking forward to seeing what is indoors (especially Renault :grinning: )

I was being genuine matey, I'm surprised your car didn't get on. a lovely clean original and nice touched upon hot hatch, and that paintwork would be amazing indoors under lights!!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I was being genuine matey, I'm surprised your car didn't get on. a lovely clean original and nice touched upon hot hatch, and that paintwork would be amazing indoors under lights!!

Cheers man!

Anyway, all good and hope to catch folk at many meets over the summer months :cool::cool:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
seriously? your motor didn't get on the indoors non VAG stuff lol??

they must have some pretty mental cars coming then.... (or mates)

Most standard or semi standard stuff will be older/not as commonly seen stuff.

All my mates drive VAG cars so your last bit is redundant (y)

Unfortunately with over the amount of entries received compared to the spaces available some people are going to be disappointed. It's nothing personal it's just a lack of space @Eddie_

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Unfortunately with over the amount of entries received compared to the spaces available some people are going to be disappointed. It's nothing personal it's just a lack of space @Eddie_

Cheers bud. Wasn’t taking it personally, was just wondering on how the allocation of an indoor space worked that was all :grinning:.

If there’s a reserve list stick me on it... ;)

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
@Eddie_ I understand you weren't don't worry. It's just one of those things. This year we have twice the indoor space and could fill both twice over easily. It's a totally ballache and selection takes a group of us literally arguing for over 8hrs to whittle it down.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Eddie_ I understand you weren't don't worry. It's just one of those things. This year we have twice the indoor space and could fill both twice over easily. It's a totally ballache and selection takes a group of us literally arguing for over 8hrs to whittle it down.

I don’t envy you! Especially when you have people like me expressing disappointment - what can I say, I’m just enthusiastic about my car :grinning:.

As I say I look forward to seeing what is on show :cool:(y)

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R

Oh aye, into a room and eat birthday cake for 8 hours ;)

Joking aside I know there is a serious amount of work which goes into the show and it pays off (y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Most standard or semi standard stuff will be older/not as commonly seen stuff.

All my mates drive VAG cars so your last bit is redundant (y)

Honestly I can't imagine the headache you guys must have with selection of cars at shows, was more a general observation about a lot of shows Ive been to where its strange that some special stuff doesn't get in, but other cars do, and at times they have links or contact with the organisers, nothing personal, been to Dubshed many a time and no doubt will be back again this year (y)

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Forgot I had a set of spacers to go along with the Speedlines just to finish the look off. Would have preferred to run a lower offset but will fit the spacers and see how the car is with them on :grinning:.

Anyhow, would anyone have any tips on cleaning them up? I intend to paint the outer parts of the spacer I gloss black to match up with the wheels but want to clean them up a good bit first.

@Big Pimp would you have anything in your range of products that would bring these up like new?

18D18D90-F88B-435A-9A18-6415F8D8E247.png

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Lazer, hot water, dishbrush and some 0000 steel wool (y):cool:

Lazer is all anyone ever needs, lol, and that's a fact, just brilliant stuff :joy::cool:

I was going to tag you also as I know you’re a man that would have the answers also lol.

Would it be any use to leave the spacers in Lazer to soak for a while first?

It’s actually a product of Ross’ I don’t have so I’ll order some up :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just spray on liberally and rinse with hot water, using a dishbrush to work into the nooks and corners. They don't look too bad, just a bit greasy. Repeat once or twice if need be.

50:1 solution will do the job no bother.

Then a bit of steel wool or a wire brush to remove any hard deposits (rust/build-up) if you feel like it. But really, they're spacers, they will be hidden by the wheels anyway :innocent: Just paint with gloss black POR 15 straight on. You probably want to use an etch primer first though as they look smooth.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Just spray on liberally and rinse with hot water, using a dishbrush to work into the nooks and corners. They don't look too bad, just a bit greasy. Repeat once or twice if need be.

50:1 solution will do the job no bother.

Then a bit of steel wool or a wire brush to remove any hard deposits (rust/build-up) if you feel like it. But really, they're spacers, they will be hidden by the wheels anyway :innocent: Just paint with gloss black POR 15 straight on. You probably want to use an etch primer first though as they look smooth.

To be fair you’re right, they aren’t too bad! Just want to freshen them up a little and paint the edges prior to fitting them.

Cheers for the advice! (b)

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I was never too fond of the gel plates with the border etc on them so decided to replace them with standard font plates. Custom sized front plate and standard size rear plate. Thanks to @Neil@rockvale for the front plate!

32AE54FC-B4F0-464C-A94F-657ED491944D.jpeg

As with the Clio I bought a pair of black badge covers. As with the Clio I’m not 100% on them (they never actually got fitted to the Clio!).

I did trial fit them today but for now they have been put back in the box lol.

C8A17370-D990-48F6-A391-C4F9B182E949.jpeg

EEC4A303-E9C4-4E10-9029-437372E54509.jpeg

D7894810-5699-4671-AC21-413DBD088624.jpeg