Flocking services

HILL9N3GTI

RMS Regular
Hey guys this has been one of the to do jobs on the car but not seeing much in terms of services for flocking localy in Northern ireland
Has anyone got any recommendations on who to go to our any advice in advance

Read alot of bad stories of once dashes are flocked, and people go to clean it.
Its been falling off shortly after flocking.

Thanks jack
20200712_202451.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It’s not a hard wearing surface, and really not suited to a road car, especially a daily driven 1.

If you’re after a nice finish, look at trimming the dash in suede/alcantara which will remain durable and look class, especially if you opt for nice stitching as an accent around edges and vents.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Ah flip, fairly sure I threw my spare dash out or you could have had it.

someone before suggested blackline performance to me, yet to try their flocking but they did redo the headlining on my Mk5 GTI in OEM black and did a great job.

Other place was @baron from memory

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It is a pain in the arse to look after if you arent really careful with it. Derek has his Mk2 dash done from memory, worth giving him a shout.

If you go down the alcantara trimming route I highly recommend Del at Optimus in Glasgow, he does a properly good job.

HILL9N3GTI

RMS Regular
OP
HILL9N3GTI
@cauld1 @natogreen16v is alcantara not a pig to keep clean, idealy i just want to rub it with a brush every once in a while and im not keen on the price of the material 😶
Ah flip, fairly sure I threw my spare dash out or you could have had it.

someone before suggested blackline performance to me, yet to try their flocking but they did redo the headlining on my Mk5 GTI in OEM black and did a great job.

Other place was @baron from memory
Get a dig in that woden shed sam your surley to have some spare bit still lying in a corner either that our just give tam a shout 🤷‍♂️