Foam lance - brass vs plastic bayonet?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I have a Karcher K series and my current foam lance has given up the ghost, took it apart and cleaned it all out but now it's leaking from the exit. It could more than likely be repaired, but I'm too lazy. I've noticed brass bayonet versions apposed to plastic on eBay for a few quid more and was wondering if there are any pros and cons of ether version?

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@KyleR The one we provide has the plastic type bayonet fitting, it is made in Germany and very durable. It is not a wearable part and there are never any problems with them, we feel that the brass one is unnecessary.

You have probably seen ours on eBay but here is a link to the one we sell on our website:

Karcher K Series Snow Foam Lance With 1L Detergent Bottle

Please PM us for the 5% discount code as well.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
@KyleR The one we provide has the plastic type bayonet fitting, it is made in Germany and very durable. It is not a wearable part and there are never any problems with them, we feel that the brass one is unnecessary.

You have probably seen ours on eBay but here is a link to the one we sell on our website:

Karcher K Series Snow Foam Lance With 1L Detergent Bottle

You can use the discount code RMS5 for 5% off your order as well.

Hope this helps!

Yes mate, I have one in the online basket along with a longer hose waiting to hit the button, but thought I would get some opinions before committing. I did notice that when I add the 5% code, it doesn't quite take 5% off, is that because it doesn't discount the inclusive VAT?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I've had the Cleantec lance for a couple of years or more now and can't complain at all. It works the same way it did on day one and there are no signs of wear anywhere on it :cool:

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
@Cleantec Cheers for the hose and lance, arrived quickly and the lance is excellent compared to my old one (y)

Is there anyway to mount the hose on a reel? I done a quick google and found some options, but they were like £300 for a reel with a hose :scream: Just over half of it fits on the reel on the Karcher its self, but the rest is a real pain to try to curl up for storage, so a wall mounted reel would be ideal.

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@KyleR Great to hear!

We do have hose reels available that can be wall mounted, here is a link to one that would suit:

MTM Hydro High Pressure Hose Reel (15 Metre X 3/8" Hose)

It says that it is a 15 metre one but that is for thicker hose so your 20 metre hose would easily fit onto it. You would need a short connection hose from your washer to the reel and you would also need to change the fitting on the hose you purchased, please PM me if you are interested in this.

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
Is there a big difference between the cleantec ones and the small lance you get with a Karcher K4? Something like this mines is: Karcher Car Valet Snow Foam Lance Bottle- 26431470

I've had the non adjustable Karcher similar to the one you posted and also another similar to Cleantec's. The Karcher is OK, but the brass stuff is leagues ahead of it and Cleantec's version is better again from the first brass one I had.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.