Foam lance / Karcher gun woes...

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
My foam lance has only recently started to refuse to mate with my Karcher gun (on my KB4040 pressure washer).

The fitting won't push into the spring loaded end of the gun in order to twist and lock into place.

I'm not sure what the problem is because it has worked fine up until now.

Also - when I re-attach the original lance it takes a few goes at attaching it so it doesn't leak around where it connects before working properly.

Anyone encounter this before?

Rfg

RMS Regular
what type is it the older autobrite ones needed to be reamed out VERY slightly with a drill to fit and I mean VERY slightly

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
Not sure Ronnie. It's under a year old and is a proper HD lance.

It's just strange that it fitted fine up until now...

Rfg

RMS Regular
I had that problem is it the Brass fitting you could try reaming it out. For some reason my first on did it after about 6 months dont know why.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
No it's a plastic fitting, which makes it even more strange because you wouldn't expect plastic to swell or contract with temperature changes like metal would.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
No it's a plastic fitting, which makes it even more strange because you wouldn't expect plastic to swell or contract with temperature changes like metal would.

Mine has never fitted... same problem! Plastic aswell
Let me know how you get yours sorted and il do the same ... Prob just needs the inside dremeled / filed away a touch. But at £60 i dont want to f about with it much incase i make a balls up.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
had a similar problem with mine. although my karcher is old as the hills so might not be the same issue. with mine it was a yellow plastic fitting that stays in the original lance but has twisted off and remained in the trigger section of the lance which makes it impossible to fit.

easy enough to fix just with a bit of glue to keep on the trigger.

gcon45

RMS Regular
OP
gcon45
Drives
and rides
had a similar problem with mine. although my karcher is old as the hills so might not be the same issue. with mine it was a yellow plastic fitting that stays in the original lance but has twisted off and remained in the trigger section of the lance which makes it impossible to fit.

easy enough to fix just with a bit of glue to keep on the trigger.

You might have hit the nail on the head there mate.

Is it the yellow plastic fitting with 2 lugs on it?

This is in my gun but I assumed it was part of the gun and not part of the lance.

Rfg

RMS Regular
get a drill bit and just ream it out slightly and job done I know it was an issue with them a while back did mine and never had a problem after.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
You might have hit the nail on the head there mate.

Is it the yellow plastic fitting with 2 lugs on it?

This is in my gun but I assumed it was part of the gun and not part of the lance.

yeh thats it exactly!

infact i got that slightly wrong, the yellow fitting stays in the lance end (non trigger part)

can be a pain in the ass to get lol

Stevom69

yeh thats it exactly!

infact i got that slightly wrong, the yellow fitting stays in the lance end (non trigger part)

can be a pain in the ass to get lol
Hi, I know this is old post. Sorry. How do I get the stuck yellow plastic out if the gun? I've tried everything I can think of.
It's stuck proper in there.

Attachments

• 16265388386348887198019570517155.jpg
    16265388386348887198019570517155.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 919

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I can only presume I used a set of needle nose pliers to twist it out. If it’s spring loaded you would have to push and twist?