Focus PAssenger Airbag

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I managed to scrape my dash with copper pipes right on top of the passenger side airbag, looks a bit ****ty now :worried:

Does anyone know if this is just a cover than I can replace or is it part of the bloody airbag? :oops:

Dermot

Cant Remember what focuses are like, But in most cars the Pass Airbag is part of the Dash... If it explodes you need a WHOLE new dash... If its badly scraped and you cant cover it with a Ford badge or something try the Interior Retrim boys (Will charge you a fortune)...

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
The part that is scraped is on top of the air bag and seems to be a separate part which can come apart from the dash, as there is a distinct "seam" around it which indicates to me that it will come out.

However what I dont know is whether this is just a cover that flies out of the way when the airbag goes off, or whether it is actually part of the airbag itself? :?

Tried the FFOC but they were feck all use :worried:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
If we can get the bugger out, Ill swap you mine. Ive no need for it and am planning on modding the dash with gauges and screens and the like.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Rocko lad I may need to make love to you if this works - Im at my wits end!

When you thinking of swapping it? :laughing:

Dermot

Rocko said:
If we can get the bugger out, Ill swap you mine. Ive no need for it and am planning on modding the dash with gauges and screens and the like.

I know 2 quick ways to take it out...
1) Drive the Focus as hard as you can for a wall :laughing:
2) Stick 12V's though it

Either way... you'll be Minus an Airbag :laughing:

A Bit of Advice when Playing with an Airbag... Disconnect the Battery first :lol:

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
to true dermot! also believe it or not but the static from your body can set an air bag off if the to terminals are bridged with the likes of your finger, and on mechanical air bags on the likes of older cars, you dont need to hit the sensors, you can hit the top of the steering wheel hard enough to set it off, not nice when your standing at the back of a car while your mate is trying to remove a steering wheel, and a screw driver comes through the back window!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
scrob said:
Rocko lad I may need to make love to you if this works - Im at my wits end!

When you thinking of swapping it? :laughing:

Whenever you want. I could do with the space, and the airbag doesnt work anyway cos of the MOMO wheel.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
OK Cool well gimme a PM when you take the notion to pull it out :grinning:

I dont really know how to take it out but ill take it off ur hands if/when u find out :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.