Focus ST...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
So... since selling the Octavia VRS when I couldn't fall in love with it I helped the wife get a new car and as such adopted her diesel Toledo Sport for cheap wheels to do me.

Six months on and I'm bored of it so looked at lots of options which got down to the following list - leon FR tfsi DSG (a little bland all round), Forester XTE (far too Japanese inside), another VRS only in estate (drove one and a little utilitarian inside and just couldn't warm to it, just like my old one), C30 T5 Volvo (drove one and was just far too small for me) and finally settled on a B6 passat estate 4 motion 3.2 v6 as I regret ever selling my old derv passat estate.

Poor @RickyB was tortured as i melted his head with ideas for him to possibly source but then he got peace and quiet as a friend messaged me yesterday about the Focus he has had for 10 years as he was going to sell up since buying an A45 AMG last year.

He had intended to keep both and use the Focus for stuff that the merc is too good for, then decided he didn't want 2 cars and all the bills that come with it so this led to Ricky and I going and buying it tonight as it is a car I have wanted to own and the wife used to have one and regretted selling it so knew she'd support the purchase lol

At a rally somewhere on the Island i would have traveled in this car at some point many years ago which is quite random since its now mine :grinning:

2006, 90k and well looked after.

To do urgently...
- Timing belt and all that goes with it along with full service
- Replace the button that is meant to open the boot
- Good clean inside and out
- Revo stage 1
- Clear vinyl the top of rear bumper to stop.dogs scratching paint

Long term...
- put personal reg on
- Possibly a cat-back milltek as i'm sure there is a blow out
- If the possible blowout is around the downpipe then a full 3in milltek turboback will go on and stage 2 revo along with intake and front mount
- Some revo graphics
- Possibly refurb the wheels
- Good buff and a wax
- Change the worn gear knob (got a reasonable spare one with the car)

IMG_20170209_222532.jpg

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Very nice . I miss mine. I had dreamscience map and difference was night and day
I can't imagine graham to use anyone other than revo lol.interested to see figures when all the work is done.Autotune done a good job of mine but the best mod was the decat,.thats a must on any st or rs.car looks great Graeme btw.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I can't imagine graham to use anyone other than revo lol.interested to see figures when all the work is done.Autotune done a good job of mine but the best mod was the decat,.thats a must on any st or rs.car looks great Graeme btw.

if i go cat-back it will get cut out, if i go race system then all hell will be let loose.

stage 1 should see 260bhp with 310lb/ft | stage 2 should see 290bhp with 320lb/ft

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Still miss the seats and the note from the engine in mine, but thats it.

Interesting you like it more than the Octavia, i personally feel the Octavia is twice the car.

Health to steer!

zafturbo

RMS Regular

Interesting you like it more than the Octavia, i personally feel the Octavia is twice the car.

Health to steer!
I tAke it you had problems with yours.i had mine for 4 years and never give me a bit of bother.that engine noise ,lovely.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars

Health to steer!

Goes better and handles better plus that 5cyl note

Plastics are as cheap in each other but the focus is much less dated inside plus the seats are more comfy

Much less practical though

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
These are great great cars, I will miss ours when it goes to a new owner.

Mapping significantly improves the MPG too lol

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Fantastic motors, and I would definitely consider another if the need arose. I am just repeating what everyone else has said about the noise, it is addictive! A decat livens up that noise and they sound incredible in places that create echo.

Enjoy!! Look forward to seeing it about on the road.

Mine shortly before I said farewell
IMG_3984.JPG

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Fantastic motors, and I would definitely consider another if the need arose. I am just repeating what everyone else has said about the noise, it is addictive! A decat livens up that noise and they sound incredible in places that create echo.

Enjoy!! Look forward to seeing it about on the road.

Mine shortly before I said farewell
View attachment 137227

Sure it's the same as the new one - Invisible :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.