Ford 2.9 bob / boa engine needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
As stated. Im on the lookout for a 2.9 boa/bob ford engine for a conversion I plan to put in a sierra. I can get one in england but worth a try if someone has one that never got converted and is now a giant burden in their garage pm only please.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Great conversions, I’ve had 3 of them

Black was BOA (very fit) with MT75

D9C3CB3A-2DCF-4B1A-A973-19EA91E86F98.jpeg

Blue was BOA with Borg Warner T5

4997FBE8-CB42-4079-BF8A-9DB9F7F36B46.jpeg

White was BOA with type 9

7976C2DB-C1FE-4A95-8CC4-2A3BCC014E55.jpeg

Good luck with the search & build

jincam

RMS Regular
OP
jincam
Drives
Gt coupe
@BarryPort ive just collected a 2.9 boa from england. My car runs a type 9 and I was going to get the type 9 v6 bellhousing but Iv been warned against it due to type 9s not holding the torque of the 2.9. Iv been offered a mt75 and told to hybrid it with the xr4x4 bellhousing but that sounds like alot of hassle. Whats your view on this please

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
@BarryPort ive just collected a 2.9 boa from england. My car runs a type 9 and I was going to get the type 9 v6 bellhousing but Iv been warned against it due to type 9s not holding the torque of the 2.9. Iv been offered a mt75 and told to hybrid it with the xr4x4 bellhousing but that sounds like alot of hassle. Whats your view on this please

Nonsense, Type 9 was my favourite box.
Congratulations on your new BOA. Unless you plan to rake the absolute dung out of this thing 24/7 the Type 9 is sufficient.
There’s also adapter plates available for the Mazda RX8 gear box (which came in 5 or 6 speed). It’l mean fabricating a new driveshaft & maybe running a GPS Speedo but RX8 boxes are 10 a penny.
If I were you I’d run the Type 9, if anything happens try out the RX8.

MT75 will always be sloppy in my opinion no matter what you do.

*edit* RX8 box requires more work than thought
“Hi There.
just fitted an RX8 to a Cologne V6.
Its more complicated than an adaptor plate.....
First, the input shaft is to short, by about 35mm with the plate in place,
you can fit a shaft extension, but that leaves the drive splines only partially engaged in the clutch driven plate, and the gear lever 15mm further back. You will also need to shorten the propshaft and fit the RX8 front end to it.”

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.