Ford Fiesta Radio Replacement

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Want to change the radio in the fiesta as it doesn’t have Bluetooth etc. What’s the best option in a mk6.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The Mk6 had a couple of different designs of radio if my memory serves me correct. Some had a simple double din design while other had parts of the dash running as bars across the radio which effectively split it into 3 small parts each approx 1 inch in height.

The simple double din is easy to change. Halfords will have something on offer that will do the job (they always do). The other style you'll need a new dash trim panel so you can fit the double din radio.

Its been a while since I was last in a Mk6 so I could be wrong on this.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
OP
J
Thanks guys, it’s for a screen above it so don’t want it looking daft. I’ll grab a picture of it.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I've had two fiestas from 2010- and changed the audio in both of them, The facia kit is fiddly, expensive and to my experience (30 years as an Autospark concentrating on in car sounds) - doesn't sit at the right angle - having said that, there is no-where else for a double din or the like to fit as clearance is very tight

That said, connects2 or fleabays will have a full fitting kit for around £125 plus the cost of the head unit.
Please don't go near Halfords for the install - they won't have a clue!

Head units start from around £100 for a bluetooth enabled unit, but if budget allows, go for an Android Auto or Apple Car Play double din unit.

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
The Mk6 had a couple of different designs of radio if my memory serves me correct. Some had a simple double din design while other had parts of the dash running as bars across the radio which effectively split it into 3 small parts each approx 1 inch in height.

The simple double din is easy to change. Halfords will have something on offer that will do the job (they always do). The other style you'll need a new dash trim panel so you can fit the double din radio.

Its been a while since I was last in a Mk6 so I could be wrong on this.
the triple bar thing was Mk5 Padre! The only solution to upgrade usually involved a hacksaw!
The Mark 6 has the big wings and is a nighmare with fiddly easily broken clips on a very expensive facia - Double Dins fit this one without any sawing of the dash

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
OP
J
I've had two fiestas from 2010- and changed the audio in both of them, The facia kit is fiddly, expensive and to my experience (30 years as an Autospark concentrating on in car sounds) - doesn't sit at the right angle - having said that, there is no-where else for a double din or the like to fit as clearance is very tight

That said, connects2 or fleabays will have a full fitting kit for around £125 plus the cost of the head unit.
Please don't go near Halfords for the install - they won't have a clue!

Head units start from around £100 for a bluetooth enabled unit, but if budget allows, go for an Android Auto or Apple Car Play double din unit.

that’s brilliant thank you, no I won’t be near Halfords for install, changed a few of my own over the years so hopefully will be ok or else it will stay as it is 😂

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
the triple bar thing was Mk5 Padre!

I had a Mk5 and it was a single din radio. 100% no triple bars. Actually had two of them a 1.25 Zetec and the 1.6 Zetec S.

Edit: A quick Google shows that there are 2 versions of the Fiesta known as the Mk5!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I had a Mk5 and it was a single din radio. 100% no triple bars. Actually had two of them a 1.25 Zetec and the 1.6 Zetec S.

Edit: A quick Google shows that there are 2 versions of the Fiesta known as the Mk5!
Yup, they changed it in a year model refresh I think...... but that was before my time at Dunton, I wasn't paying much attention. :p