Ford Fiesta ST secret salt mine advert - is this deepest Carrick?

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
I think it
I’ve been told on good authority that the car had to be scrapped for “legal reasons”!

Make of that what you will, but let’s face it, Ford’s aren’t known for their resistance to tin worm and this bit of spirited driving down a salt mine certainly wouldn’t be good for it!

I think it's the same as the Twingo 133 Clarkson had over here a lot of years back. It's probably a pre production car that can't be sold on so has to be scrapped after they have finished the show tours or whatever they have to do with it.

( Sorry, just saw someone got there before me)

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's a very cool place, I was there quite a bit with my last job working on the conveyor equipment, it's unbelievable how dark it is when the lights go out. You could spend days in their parts department too
Are you involved in my friends case were he is still looking for most of his hand that got trapped in the conveyor belts and likely finished up on a boat to America or somewhere lol.he hasn’t been back to work from that day and will never work again .he worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day 364 days a year for almost 10 years .The wages he was getting was crazy at the time and his claim is for like 14 years wages and damages or whatever way it works .massive sums of money I know that .

Boksic

RMS Regular
Are you involved in my friends case were he is still looking for most of his hand that got trapped in the conveyor belts and likely finished up on a boat to America or somewhere lol.he hasn’t been back to work from that day and will never work again .he worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day 364 days a year for almost 10 years .The wages he was getting was crazy at the time and his claim is for like 14 years wages and damages or whatever way it works .massive sums of money I know that .

I think he'd rather have his hand though!

Looks class, didn't even know the place existed

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I think he'd rather have his hand though!

Looks class, didn't even know the place existed
Oh absolutely ,the pain he has been through and is still going through is unreal .It wasn’t his full hand just half of it as it yanked it out of the rollers .boak .

Mickymc87

RMS Regular
Drives
320D-M-Sport
I work in the mine at the minute, it’s a mad place to work, some days we go under ground and stay down there all day. I’d seen the cars in but never seen any of the actual driving

Pretty nice we cars even for fiestas

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was down there today, no buried land rovers or the likes though as asked about that lol. They have some sort of rock chainsaw thing that's been down there and still going since the 70's and a few old ay Bedford cabs with specific equipment now attached. They must have brushed down the crusher for the Ford ad as it doesn't look that clean today 😂

Very interesting place indeed. Puts it in context when told less people have stood down there than the north pole. Plus the salt dates back 240 million years apparently? 🤯

PXL_20210901_134553895~2.jpg

PXL_20210901_125610751~2.jpg

PXL_20210901_115806041.MP~2.jpg

P.s. I have enhanced the life out of the photos, it is not that bright down there that's for sure..

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Was down there today, no buried land rovers or the likes though as asked about that lol. They have some sort of rock chainsaw thing that's been down there and still going since the 70's and a few old ay Bedford cabs with specific equipment now attached. They must have brushed down the crusher for the Ford ad as it doesn't look that clean today 😂

Very interesting place indeed. Puts it in context when told less people have stood down there than the north pole. Plus the salt dates back 240 million years apparently? 🤯

View attachment 334154
View attachment 334155
View attachment 334156

P.s. I have enhanced the life out of the photos, it is not that bright down there that's for sure..

It’s passing that yellow shipping container ‘refuge’ that suddenly puckered my sphincter when I was down. It’s the darkest dark I’ve ever experienced.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Funny, this came into my head the other night for some reason. Did this advert ever air on TV? Dont recall ever seeing it