Ford Mustang Mach-E

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So, I got an email from Ford earlier today to watch the unveiling of an "all-new, all electric Mustang Mach-E".

Interesting I thought, might annoy the V8 Mustang purists a bit but finally an interesting electric car that isn't an SUV or a crossover.

Yeah, don't hold on too tightly to that thought.

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
So the universe in its funny ways, landed me with a test drive of one of these last night with the Lisburn dealership (my best mate works there and they have a number of them for the next few days).

They come in different drivetrains (with a more powerful GT model coming soon) and the one I got to drive was a RWD entry(-ish) model that has a OTD price of £41k and is capable of over 230 miles on a full charge. It has a one pedal mode like the Nissan Leaf which I found quite effective, but I preferred the usual "auto" pedals style of driving.

It's nicely trimmed inside, has a large screen on the dash (ala Tesla models) and a lot of room in the back. Small boot up front, large boot at the back.

On the road it's quiet (obviously) with some road noise and a faint whine from the electric motors at higher speeds. As with electric cars, the acceleration is impressive which helps with overtaking and definitely doesn't feel like a 2 tonne vehicle.

With how the car was presented inside, the range offered and the premium feel, it's obvious Ford is gearing at Tesla for their re-introduction to the EV market (They had an EV focus in 2014 that didn't sell well, I was told).

Overall, it's an impressive vehicle and while it's the only EV I've ever driven, it wasn't as alien to drive as I expected.