Ford paint issues

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
OP
lackingBHP
Drives
mediocrely
Saying it's perfectly normal. Sent me a picture of another two they are selling which looks the same.

Might get a price for a respray for my own piece of mind or is it worth getting it inspected?
IMG_3838.jpg
1620235454022_IMG_3836.jpg

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Personally that would do my head in. I’d take it to a decent painter and get it sorted.

or just accept that nothing in this life is ever perfect and pretend its ok lol.

KevM

RMS Regular
The angles and camera make it look a million times worse, but once you see it, you can't un-see it.

I wouldn't think you could get someone else to paint it much better, as the angles will throw the light different no-matter how right the paint shade is.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I’ve just been flicking through autotrader and in grey they are all the same. So what actually causes this?
the difference in material that’s being painted?
It being painted separately?
The colour?
The angles and shape?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
What’s the odds you get it painted and some **** scrapes it in a car park 👎🏻

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
I saw this thread last night and said to myself..... I always thought the plastics on fords were a darker shade, never a lighter shade than the rest of the car. So today whilst I was out and about of course I noticed every Kuga, focus, Mondeo, fiesta etc etc and indeed the colour on the plastics of every one of them was darker....
I think maybe it’s likely the bumper has been repainted at some point.
Pretty poor form from trust ford I have to say.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mum's wee magnetic grey Fiesta Titanium bumpers are a slightly diffrent shade to the body but don't look anywhere near as bad as the ones in the original post

Attachments

• 20210430_202350.jpg
    20210430_202350.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210430_202404.jpg
    20210430_202404.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210430_202414.jpg
    20210430_202414.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 75

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Saw a metallic light blue one today and took a look after seeing this thread. It was wild in the sun. Shocking.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
OP
lackingBHP
Drives
mediocrely
Well they have agreed to inspect it and if it is below their standard they will repaint it........unless Stevie Wonder inspects I am hoping to get It sorted.

Found a Kuga earlier in Tesco's and went and parked beside to compare it. Was going to photograph it but the bloke was already looking at me for parking beside him in an empty car park 😂

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I read this thread yesterday but didn’t comment, then I walked past a Kuga identical to this last night which was parked in Portstewart, and the front bumper was exactly the same.

So I would say that’s just the way they are. The only way to fix it is to paint the bumper and blend into the wings.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mums old Focus was the same

Attachments

• cit-f58a1eabb0c5ef14ef3e1a7a741adf7fd2dada0d.jpg
    cit-f58a1eabb0c5ef14ef3e1a7a741adf7fd2dada0d.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 74

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Absolutely shocking 😂
If it’s purely the colour and the paint itself is good would it be possible to get a better colour matched wrap just on the bumper?More a question, not that versed in it.

Peace of mind in case like said above - you paint it and match it for some git to scrape it 🤦‍♂️

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
OP
lackingBHP
Drives
mediocrely
The paint does look poor in places, I think whilst they are a shade out from the factory my one has had a repair in the past and not done 100%

Hopefully get it sorted out as love the car and the colour, well 95% of the colour :rolleyes:

Craggus

RMS Regular
So glad that the only Ford I ever had was black, prob hard enough for them to get 2 different shades of black :joy: Although having read this thread I'm starting to think they might just have managed it!!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
My moondust silver focus was 2 different shades. My mum had a mk7 moondust fiesta at the same time and it was spot on the paint on it was better in general than my focus. I haven't noticed any of my parents mk3 focus being different shades either but I've never washed or looked closely at them either. They're now driving a red ST line ecosport with a black roof and the paint looks ok on it too but it's never clean and I've never looked close at it either. They did have some problems with some of the stuck on ST line bits of bodykit flapping around.